Sleeping on my back

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
I keep waking up to find that i've been sleeping on my back. I'm suffering really badly with my spd atm and I find I can't stay on either side for long periods of time, which I suspect is why I unknowingly roll onto my back for a bit of comfortable sleep!

How bad is this? I'm sure i've read somewhere that its bad for mum and baby but I can't remember why this is? Thanks

Honestly, I don't think it's that much of a big deal. The "danger" is that you can put pressure on the vena cava but unless you feel light headed you're probably fine. When I wake up to find my husband trying to roll me on my side that's what I tell him!

I've had a similiar problem, i sleep with my hands above my head. In the morning my shoulders are weak and sore, impossible to move or lift anything.

Me too, but its fine. Our bodies are made to bear children, cave women did it! If it was a big issue, im sure there would be some weird contraption made to keep us on our sides, lol.

What has worked for me is a memory foam pad. It makes it comfy to sleep on my side. Id suggest looking into one :)

I got a memory foam mattress topper but it didn't make any difference for me- my hips still ache! :(

I've finally worked out a routine now though that's bearable! I use a u shaped pillow which keeps me on my sides and I alternate between each side. When both sides r too sore then I prop myself loads with pillows and sleep on my back- but not flat on back- more half sitting up. I stay there for a while and then move back to my sides and so on!

I asked my doctor about this I have horrible rib pain on my left side so it is impossible to sleep on it sometimes and the only way I get comfy and can sleep is on my back he said dont worry about it your body will tell you if somethings wrong if you need to turn over you will..he said if istarted to feel light headed turn on my side..and that the whole sleeping on your left side is wha they do for emergencies to the blood can flow the best so iwouldnt worry I think that our bodies are smarter than we give them credit for :)

I told my GP about my horrible hip pain and her response was 'that happens. Still sleep on your left side only!'
I looked into it a bit more and having a pillow under your right hip while laying on your back helps relieve the pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->