Sleeping pains... help??

charliesmom

Dad, daughter, 2 chis
Reaction score
I’m having the most horrible nights of sleep ever this past week!! I think mostly it’s because I’m trying to sleep only on my sides (I’m usually a back sleeper), and so my shoulders are always curled up (maybe pillow isn’t supportive) but I wake up with the most excruciating neck, back and shoulder blades pain ever. I toss and turn about a million times a night too.

How do I fix this? Do body pillows help?

I'm with you there with the restless nights, i usually sleep on stomach and ever since i couldn't my dad brought me a body pillow so i can sleep easier on my side's, it helped the first few weeks but the last week or so i've been tossing, turning and waking alot, now i find myself waking up in the mornings on my back but laying on the pillow lol!

Hope it get's better for you soon hun :hugs:

I got a body pillow because of my hips getting sore and have no more hip pain. Granted I've only had the body pillow for a week, but would have hip soreness every night and would wake up because of it and have to switch sides constantly.

I have been experiencing the same, baby has also started to kick lots at night so been having really broken sleep. I have a body pillow but its making me too warm in bed.

Ok I just went and bought one at the consignment shop for only $29.99. Hope it'll releif my shoulders a little. They are killing me right now :(

Aww, hope it works hun. The soreness is really no fun.

I tried it out last night and ...I guess it helped a little - but because my muscles have already been sore for a week, I think I need to cure it a bit first with heat and cold, then stretch it out with some yoga. I tossed and turned a jillion times at dawn, so I switched out of the body pillow and used regular pillow instead. OUCH - bad idea cuz with absolutely no back or leg support, it made my soreness way worst. So... as far as I can tell, it's helping. I just need to fix the aches first.

I'd be feeling great, if only I could get regular decent sleep! I wake up at 3am every night with pain in my legs and hips. I get up for a few minutes to try and walk it off, do a bathroom trip but normally is too late and too much pain to get anymore proper rest. My body pillow does help but I hate to think how uncomfortable I'll be in a month or two's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->