Sleeping pattern

A

AppleBlossom

Grace has been a bit better with sleeping the last week or so. From 10am she'll sleep for about 20 mins at 12 then 3/4pm then she is usually awake then until 9. She has been going to bed at 9 for a while now as she has fallen asleep so I thought this would get her into a routine. But it hasn't, she wakes up at random times. The other night she woke up for a bottle at 3am then woke up again at 6 then again at 8.30. Last night she woke up at 1.20am then 5.55am then 6.55am, then 8.05 then half 9ish. Even if she woke up properly around 6.30/7ish in the morning it wouldn't be so bad but she gets ratty and tired and falls asleep again, then wakes up, falls asleep. I've tried everything, giving her a bath and a bottle at pretty much the same time before bed but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone got any advice on what I can do or is this just her pattern of sleeping, waking when she wants and I'll just have to let her hopefully grow out of it?

Grace has been a bit better with sleeping the last week or so. From 10am she'll sleep for about 20 mins at 12 then 3/4pm then she is usually awake then until 9. She has been going to bed at 9 for a while now as she has fallen asleep so I thought this would get her into a routine. But it hasn't, she wakes up at random times. The other night she woke up for a bottle at 3am then woke up again at 6 then again at 8.30. Last night she woke up at 1.20am then 5.55am then 6.55am, then 8.05 then half 9ish. Even if she woke up properly around 6.30/7ish in the morning it wouldn't be so bad but she gets ratty and tired and falls asleep again, then wakes up, falls asleep. I've tried everything, giving her a bath and a bottle at pretty much the same time before bed but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone got any advice on what I can do or is this just her pattern of sleeping, waking when she wants and I'll just have to let her hopefully grow out of it?

I'm going through the same thing girl...

My daughther doesn't start to sleep until 5am no kidding... she's up all night and want to sleep all during the day.

Yesterday/Lastnight was much better than the other nights.
So we reverse it.

Yesterday, my husband and I kept Chayil so busy up until 4:30pm

This is how it went down.

Yesterday morning, around 6 am she slept a little. Woke up at 9am. Was up until she started to get tired around 12pm. I let her nap.

When she got up around 2pm we entertained her so much up until 4pm. She was so tired, but we needed to keep her up. From 4pm I let her sleep up until 7/7:30, bath her, fed her and she was out around 8pm.

My baby girl didn't wake until 10:40pm.. last night. She went back to sleep, woke up around 1am, then 4am, then 7am . It was successful.

I had to do something. People say oh... Let them sleep, but they don't have to deal with a baby up all night till 5'oclock. I do. so I had to o something.

Mello

What do you do to keep Chayil up, Mello? I'm only asking because I know Alasdair sleeps so much better at night when he only takes short naps during the day...but it's the keeping him awake I find difficult!

All babies are different hun but they say that whatever time a baby gets up is when they should go down in the evening time.
I wrote everything down what Tabs did,feed,how much,how long,when slept,ow long etc and when she had her screaming fits and now im more prepared and know whats up.I chart it so i can see a week in one go and sure enough she has her own routine based on the time she wakes up each day.Thats the only thing i can advise hun.
Tabs only sleeps for 35 mins tops in her daytime naps. Since charting it etc she eats more at a feed and is now sleeping longer at nighttime.
They also say a baby who sleeps between 7pm-10pm is more settled overnight.
This is Tabs' usual day...give or take an hour each way..
5am stirring in crib...so try dummy then give in and put her in bed with me for boobie (so glad i do boob and bottle lol) then sleep again
6.30am - 4oz and meds
by 8.15am she is ready for a sleep(35 mins)
9.30am - 4-5oz
10.45 am nap(35 mins)
12.30pm - 5oz and meds
3.30pm- 4-5oz
4pm - nap (35 mins)
6pm bath,jarmies,wind down,
6.45pm - meds and i get 6 oz ready as sometimes falls asleep with it for 35 mins then give rest and out for the count for the evening.
We take her up between 10-11pm and top up between 2-5oz while she is still sleepy.

This week is the first week where she is stirring at 5am ish.it used to be once between 2 and 4am.
:hugs:

I have so much trouble getting tabs to sleep during the day but i have to perservere when i see the cues or she will scream for hours on end!

Since charting it the screaming and unsettledness and holding her constantly have drastically improved!

What do you do to keep Chayil up, Mello? I'm only asking because I know Alasdair sleeps so much better at night when he only takes short naps during the day...but it's the keeping him awake I find difficult!

it's was only for that day.

My husband and I were acting real silly. We were like big doofs, making her laugh. We had her on the play mat looking up at the toys/lights, picking her up, walking around the house singing, dancing, making noise with the rattles/ squeaky toys, and just making a bunch of noise for about an 1 1/2.

She started getting tired, we kept dabbing a cool rag on her legs/forehead. lol... She was getting finicky. After while that wasn't working, she was actually falling asleep. Then we started getting tired, but the end result is, we had her up for 1 1/2 max before she was out.

That night turned out good.

It's getting better, she has slept for the past 2 nights very good and getting up like she suppose to get up.

Mello

All babies are different hun but they say that whatever time a baby gets up is when they should go down in the evening time.

I've been putting Skyler down at 8pm and he wakes around 8am too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->