Sleeping Positions

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm after some advice please......

Does anyone know of any reason why I can't let Lewis lie on his front, on my chest, to go to sleep?? :shrug:

I know that babies should be put on their backs in moses basket & cots but I wasn't sure if they were actually lying on someone it made any difference.

At the moment it's the only way I can get him to sleep during the night after a feed but I don't want to put him in any danger.

Thanks.

Grace won't sleep any other way but on her front. I don't see any problem with it to be honest, they are constantly changing the rules on what sleeping position is right. If you feel that he would be more comfortable lying on you on his front then go for it

We let Hannah go to sleep on our chests and on her side facing our stomachs, it's only when we put her in her crib that we make sure she's on her back :D

We let Hannah go to sleep on our chests and on her side facing our stomachs, it's only when we put her in her crib that we make sure she's on her back :D

Exactly what i do with Amelia, i think its so they don't bury their faces in the cot mattress and stop breathing but if they are laying on you then you would be more than aware if they are breathing ok.
This is how my munchkin likes to sleep after a feed, and its a lovely way to snuggle together :D

Attachments

• 02054.jpg
    02054.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 5
Exactly what i do with Amelia, i think its so they don't bury their faces in the cot mattress and stop breathing but if they are laying on you then you would be more than aware if they are breathing ok.
This is how my munchkin likes to sleep after a feed, and its a lovely way to snuggle together :D[/QUOTE]

That picture of you with Amelia is how I get Lewis to nod off too.....only sometimes I nod off as well :blush:

I feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one. :D

that position is sometimes the only way Jensen will get to sleep, I've nodded off in bed once in that position after a night feed, but was only a light sleep as was a bit paranoid about him!

Max loves to sleep on his tummy so for me to feel safer I bought the ANGELCARE system , this way if ever something happens i know right away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->