sleeping preemies

L

lilmumma

how do you get them to sleep?

Kabe used to sleep all day and all night in his cosycot in hospital in the SCBU but now he's home, he wont sleep at all, untill he screams himself out to sleep, but now he;s at the stage where he wont feed because he's over tired and grumpy all the time. It's already stressing me out, last night i was up till 5am with him until Josh came down, and then i was up at 7:30 with the others, now i'm still up at 4am today with no sign of Josh coming helping. i just dont know what to do, Kabe usually ok, but not since coming home. I rang the hospital and asked for suggestions, but they were really crap actually saying, show him some love and cuddle him, wrap him in a blanket and place him in his sleeping place in a dimly lit room, he;ll get picture, he may cry but he';ll sleep

i was like, is that it? we do that anyway, but we cant leave him to scream cos then the others wake up, and we have 5 to get back to sleep then! ive tried EVERYTHING i camn think of. I was told that the humming and buzzing of the cots in neonatal calm them, so we have had the dryer on, the dishwasher on, a tv on quietly, a radio, we bought a soft humming hoover to try that, but nothing seems to work.

pls help!!!

When it seems fair maybe ask your OH to get up and help even if its so you can go get 10 minutes and grab a brew?

How long have you had him home? Routine must be harder for a baby that has physically gone through being born early (?) and is still at the age under fullterm is that right? The wrapping in a blanket apparantly secures them as its like being in the womb I do it but not as tight as I seen them do it I then sort of cradle her towards me often where the head touches my skin which also gives them comfort. Have you got anything that is suppose to resemble (sp) in the womb? I see you have tried the washer, tumble etc but maybe something closer to him?

yeah, he's been home now for 3 days, this is his third night of being home, and third night of no sleep, im just at a loose end. He is 4 weeks and was a 29weeker at the stage of a 32wk gestation, so he's doing really well with everything else, just not the sleeping side.

We cant have anything noisy in our room with him cos it wakes the other kids up etc, but yet we seem to have tried everything we can think of, there are machines and suchlike that recreate the womb, we hired one and it sounds like a childs heartbeat in the womb, and has soft music playing the backgroud, its supposed to be calming, but didnt work, all it did was wind me and josh up with its repetetiveness lol.

i dont know what else to try really, im trying to think of something that hums quietly enough to not keep me josh and the kids awake, yet just loud enough for him to hear and go to sleep with :S

btw, PMSL at your suggestion that Josh actually wakes up with the kids! :roll: and a brew, whats one of them! last one i actually had was when i'd had Kabe lol

Aww it must be lovely to have him home bless you - Kick that OH of yours though! :shock:

tell you what how do you fancy trying one of these>
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Baby-Cot-Crib-Player-Recordable-Night-Light-Philips_W0QQitemZ7769609579

Ive not used it and don't think I will! Theres somethinge else Ive spotted for her so if you like ... a little gift from me to you and hope it helps .... if you want it? If you do pop me your addy via PM x Could help comfort him more with him being so young bless him?

lol. is it you thats selling it? if so i'll do it over Ebay if you want, probably easier to do lol. That looks great though, i havent really had much time to go shopping for stuff like that, and wasnt expecting to have to before i guess lol.

Nooooooooooo thats not my auction! lol

Just pointing out what it is :lol:

ahhhhhhh,excuse me foir being really numb now, sorry lol, it is almost 6:30 though and i have had about 2 hours in 48hrs lol. But, do you have one for sale. :blush: sorry, probs being thick, or pointing out the obvious now!

You can have it :hugs: Be lovely to help 'if' it does! Just need to find it and Ill pop it in post Friday or Saturday for you (depending how rushed I am on friday on way to bus as going to see family).

you ssure? that would be mega awesome. Thanks ever so much :blush: is there anything i can do in return lol?

Very sure :D

You both deserve a little bit of help even if it is just something to try. Hope it works for him :D

Maybe he reacting to a change of enviroment. Hes been in the hospital for those weeks of his life and now hes been moved to an unfamiliar place.
Do you have anything that smells like the hospital?

our house smells like disinefectant anyways lol, the others complain but i want it safe for him etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->