Sleeping/routine help

luvbunsazzle

Mummy to Rosie
Reaction score
Well i had Rosie in a semi routine until recently, she'd wake between 8 & 9am, have a bottle at 9, then i'd change her bum, but let her have no nappy time, which she loves, we'd do some tummy time, again she loves it, and desperatly wanted to crawl, she's help choose what to wear for the day, ok she can't actually pick, but i'd hold 2 tops up, and she'd either look at one and not the other or she's try to grab one, she loves her hands now!!
Anyway, about 2 hour into her being awake, she'd go upstairs into her big girls bed for a nap, this was about an hour, then she'd wake up, again we'd play for an hour, do her bum etc. Bottle and then we'd go out, we'd either be out for ages and she'd nap in her pram, or we'd be back within the 2 hour slot, and she'd go for a nap in her cot.

Well for the last week, she is getting herself over tired, but refuses to sleep unless she is being rocked, so i can't put her in her cot, she is in the moses basket, or car seat, or her rocker, and its the only time she'll sleep.
At night she goes to bed perfect, after her last bottle at 8ish she goes straight to sleep, and sleeps through.

What do i do, i want to try and stick to a routine with her, but it's just all gone up in a puff of smoke

Any ideas?

Have you tried swaddling her? I find Niamh sleeps better,and falls asleep easier is she's swaddled. Otherwise she just won't settle unless I rock her or she's in her swing.

I use to swaddle her during the night, but now have a sleeping bag for her which she sleeps alot better in, during the day, i have tried swaddling, and her bag, i have tried no covers, and it's all the same, she has to be rocked, it doesnt even work rocking her in my arms!!!

Renah has stopped sleeping in the day so I have no real advice for you :rofl: Are you making it dark in her room? Do you have a musical thing that goes in her crib like the Ocean Wonders?

Yeah we have blackout blinds, i have her musical mobile.
I thought maybe she just didnt want a nap, but she gets over tired, her eyes go red, and she keeps rubbing them!

Im not sure what to suggest because Jasmine doesn't really sleep in he day either... She has to be held and really only has a few short naps... But she goes to bed perfectly and sleeps through.

I think it is just that age... They start to notice alot more, but cant really physically play enough to be tired enough to have a proper nap.

At Rosies age Chloe went through a phase of not napping, she'd cat nap for a few minutes here and there if I held her, then one day she started doing it again. I have no idea why!

Sounds completely normal to me. At her age she's becoming more aware of the world around her and finding some pretty interesting things...making her want to sleep a whole lot less during the day. Hannah has fought naps since about that age, and even now sometimes it's hard to get her to go down (and never for more than 30-45 minutes at a time :wacko:) but by night time she's fine and even puts herself to bed

I can't say I have much advice, Lola doesn't nap during the day either...

Have you thought about maybe putting her in a sleeping bag? I use it with Lola at night ever since she went into the big cot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->