Sleeping through the night

clb1982

Reaction score
What age did your LO sleep through the night going 12 hours between a feed.

Holly in 12 weeks old and started not waking for her last feed 11pm this week. she would have a bottle around 7pm ish, go to sleep between 8-9pm and sleep till 6-8am, occassionally waking at 3am but going back to sleep when offered her dummy.

I am worried that she is not getting her 5x6oz feeds as she no longer requires a 11pm feed. I have tried giving an extra oz but she is teething and often messes around with the teat and does not dring properly. Im worried that she will not gain weight.

Anyone else experienced this?

Is 12weks a little younge to be sleeping through the night?

hiya hun, ive not a LO .... yet, but a close mates baby girl was sleeping from 9pm till 6-7am from 10wk ! i think this is amazing, but if ur worried bout her feed try squezzing a bit more thro the day maybe ?
i think its grt ! and im sure if LO was hungry she wud defo let uknow:hugs:

reading back you sound very lucky! :lol: Hannah still doesn't sleep through the night. If she doesn't want the bottle than I doubt she needs it.

oh and Hannah stopped eating well when she was teething, around the same age, anyways she still managed to gain weight during that time

lucky! Ewan still wasnt sleeping through the night at 2.5 yrs old!!

oh and Hannah stopped eating well when she was teething, around the same age, anyways she still managed to gain weight during that time

Thanks for your advice :)
So how long did the teething fase last for hannah and has she cut a tooth yet?

Was she really unsettled in the day and would not sleep properly during the day causing overtiredness?

She still hasn't cut a tooth :( She was teething pretty badly for about 3 weeks, it's eased off in the last week or so though thank goodness

She still hasn't cut a tooth :( She was teething pretty badly for about 3 weeks, it's eased off in the last week or so though thank goodness

How did you cope with it? have you got any tips, advice things to use etc?

teething gel, tylenol at night on her bad days, would sometimes give her a clean rag that I had soaked in cold water and wrung out (she enjoys sucking on them-I think it feels good), rub her gums....that's all I can think of for now. :)

see how it goes. If you get her weighed and she's lost or something then maybe she does need that 5th bottle but I'm pretty sure she'll wake for it if she needs it.

Ally started sleeping through (9-7.30ish) at 10 weeks. He's very good with his night sleep though - I think it's because he's too interested in what's going on in the day to nap for very long!

Lucky!!!! If she isnt interested in the night feed I wouldnt worry, they know when they are hungry, and might take more in the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->