Sleeping throught the night..?

xarlenex

Reaction score
Kyle gets up at usually between 3 and 4 after his last feed at 10ish. Id like to start trying to get him off night feed around now and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tried n tested methods..?

Would appreciate any ideas!

5-6 hours between feeds is still really good, especially as he's only about 6 weeks. I doubt if he'd be able to go any longer at the moment because his tum is still really tiny.

yeah I think its a bit early still, he'll do it when he's ready. In the meantime you can help things along a bit by keeping the night feeds really boring,i.e. keeping the lighting low, not talking to him or making it fun

matthew started to sleep through at about 2-3 weeks. It wasn't done on purpose mind you, but it worked. I had felt a bit naff because I had a cold so when he woke at 3am as usual I gave him his dummy in the hope that it would last him another half hour at least, but then next thing I knew it was 6.30am and he woke up full of smiles. I was pleasantly surprised. For the next few nights i did the same, with the intention that if he didn't settle with the dummy I'd of course get a bottle, but after about 4 nights, he just didn't wake up any more for the bottle. He's 12 weeks on Sunday and I can honestly say that he hasn't woken up in the night once since then :) Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging :) but my girls were nightmares at sleeping so i feel like someone is looking down on me :)

Hope that helps.
Naimi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"