Sleeping too long?!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Just a question really....

Daisy sleeps through the night from around 12am to 8:30am this must sound like heaven! But I find that the longer she sleeps at night the grumpier she is right through the day.
I'm starting to think that getting up through the night was easier!

Does any of your LO's do this? I am thinking about waking her up earlier just to see but don't want to disturb her at the risk it may be worse! Or maybe waking her in the middle of the night for a couple of oz's just so she isn't so hungry in the morning...

Any advice would be much appreciated! :hug:

I dont think it is a problem, if she was hungry she would wake up. As they get older their bodies start storing food better, like adults, so they start eating more during the day and less at night.

My friend said her lo was sleeping through the night at 2 months too :)

Hebe's slept thru from 11pm - 7am ish since about 2/3 weeks. She's awake most of the day too. I wouldnt wake her but I suppose if you think its making her grumpy you could try it. You might regret it tho!! :rofl:

Wow... im jealous Mervs mum! lol Longest Jasmine has slept is 4.5 hours and it was pure fluke.

Tegan sleeps from 7-7 and we dreamfeed her at 10pm so she doesn't wake up screaming :) Thats about the only advice I have, because I don't think Tegan knows how to be grumpy lol. Good luck :hugs:

When ciaran was born he slept all night from about 8 at night till about 9-10 next morning i was very worried so i told my HV and they told me i had to wake him up for a feed but now that hes bigger i am allowed to leave him to sleep, he sleeps about 8 at night till 9 the next morning :D wakes up a couple times for dumy tho :p

Wow... im jealous Mervs mum! lol Longest Jasmine has slept is 4.5 hours and it was pure fluke.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts!!! She's only woken for a feed twice in the night since - once when I'd topped her up with a bottle and she puked it everywhere so I think she got hungry sooner and the other time during what I think was a growth spurt. We are lucky ATM but I dont gloat coz I know babies like to throw you a curve ball every so often!!! x

Helena sleeps from midnight until about 9 am but she wakes up (barely...she kind of sleep eats) at 2 and at 5 for a small feed.

Lola is the same age and she sleeps from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.,wakes up and then back to sleep till 7 a.m.

Hmm,I wouldn't try waking her...it seems as you have yourself in a nice night routine. :)

isnt everyone grumpy when they wake up :rofl: :rofl: jk. faith has slept through the night since 3 weeks old and even now she has a 3 hour nap after lunch every day.

wow!! I wouldn't wake her!! Could there be another reason why shes grumpy other than the sleep?

I wouldnt wake her but you could try it. Ellie goes from 12am til 5.30am til about 9am but last night she went from 10pm til 2.10am then to 8.10am but guess it was a fluke cus tonight ive been trying to get her off since 9pm and shes still in my arms now!

Wow I am jealous. London hasn't ever slept through the night, she usually gets up 2 to 3 times to eat but goes back to sleep fairly quickly. I have noticed that she is sleeping longer - 3 hours vs. 2 at a clip!

omg how jelous am i......archie is still awake now no doubt he will be up till 3 thn sleep till 6 then bk to sleep till 8.....he sleeps loads durin day and is like PING WIDE AWAKE durin day....n wen hes asleep durin day hes asleep theres no waking him for anythin other thn wen he wakes for feeds xx

but i sooo wudnt wake her...id maybe try givin her a feed while she sleeps durin night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->