Sleeping without partner

Kelz22

Reaction score
My OH is going away for 2 nights. I know this may sound sad but when Im apart from my OH I just cant seem to sleep without him. Anyone any ideas? Would sleeping pills help me relax? Does anyone recommend any? Thanks.

Listen to music or watch tv. I love having the bed to myself and the opportunity to watch a good movie in peace.

I'm the same I hate it! I usually sleep on his side and watch something we might normally watch in bed, or listen to music we'd normally listen to together and it helps. I hate sleeping without my OH so I know how you feel :hugs:

Sleeping pills is a bit extreme, you don't want to go down that route. I love sleeping on my own though so I'm not much help! Could you phone a friend for a catch up? Or watch a good film, read a book?

I'm the same, I end up just staying up really late and sleeping with the light on - don't know why cos I'm not scared of the dark! Can you call him just before bed?

It may sound silly, but I always keep a shirt that he wears right before he leaves. I either wear it as a night shirt or keep it on my pillow. Just for the first two nights or so, but being able to smell his scent helps me pretend he's still here while I adjust. :)

I'm not a cheesy person, I swear I am not so I might have to make you all disappear after I say this but...

When we were in a long-distance relationship, I would hug the pillow he had slept on as it always smelled of his aftershave...

Oh, and we slept with the webcams on...

:blush:

I'm the same although I've shared a room my whole life so really struggle to sleep on my own no matter what. When my OH goes out I always stay up no matter how late he comes home & when he used to work nights I used to toss & turn all night & when I finally did fall asleep I'd wake up at least every hour no matter how hard I tried :( I'm no help really but just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one xx

I'm not a cheesy person, I swear I am not so I might have to make you all disappear after I say this but...

When we were in a long-distance relationship, I would hug the pillow he had slept on as it always smelled of his aftershave...

Awwww!

2 nights a week i have to go sleep on my own cus on a friday night he does his darts league and on a sat night he works. I find it hard to get to sleep without him. I just lie there in dark listening to music and have a hot chocolate

When me and my oh was long distance when we first got together he gave me a t shirt that smelt of him and i used to go to bed with that oh yea and i slept with his picture under my pillow shhh dont tell anyone lol

Get one of his t-shirts and put it over his pillow and hug that. I'd probably rather sleep with that than my OH who snores! And stay up late, drink some relaxing herbal tea and if all else fails valerian root is a pretty decent herbal sleep aid.

Thanks girls for the advice :) Will try a few of these. Glad Im not the only one tho. Lol.x

I don't have a partner but when I have to sleep without Lucas I either stay up late watching telly in bed or go to my mam's and sleep in her bed :lol:

I would sleep on his side of the bed and drink some camomile tea before bedtime :)

I find it hard to sleep without my husband,Hes on nights all week and to top it off im batshit crazy scared of the dark,I find a few cans of beer (just to help me relax a smidge )Helps me go to bed easier,I also have a radio on very very low on in my bedroom to drown out random heart pounding moments like when the house makes a silly noise.

I'm exactly the same, just can't sleep without DH. I nick the t shirt he sleeps in, sleep on his side of the bed and leave the lamp on !

i normally stay up and watch tv in bed until i eventually fall to sleep:) i like my bed to my self!

Nothing helps me unfortunately, I'd have to take a strong sleeping tablet for anything to work, which I won't. My husband goes away a lot, he's away for nearly two weeks and I've not slept since he left 4 nights ago. Wish I could tell you something to help us both but unfortunately I can't! You're not alone though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->