Sleeping without partner

I must be the only that looks forward to sleeping on my own.....

DH works 2 nights out of 8, I love it. Big kingsize bed to myself. mmmm

DH is on nights tonight so I am having a glass or two of wine & watch a movie (Riddick) then I'll go to bed about 10/11pm. Bliss

DH is on nights tonight so I am having a glass or two of wine & watch a movie (Riddick) then I'll go to bed about 10/11pm. Bliss

Right there with you! My OH is in London one or two nights a week and I dislike a lot of things about him being away but do consider the bed to myself a perk :haha:
OP, do you have anything he's given you, like a nice nightie or a soppy teddy or something you could keep with you?

:haha: me too! My DH works away 2 weeks out of every month and whilst its hard work without him around to help with DD, the pets and the housework I do love having the bed and the tv all to myself :)

Oh I'm fine if I know he's coming back. If he's gone out with his friends or something I'm quite happy to starfish in the bed but if he's out all night or he or I go away I hate it! x

I take the opportunity to startfish! or i have some 'ME' time. Then some times I will watch a movie with the kids and we all camp in the bed together.

My husband works two nightshifts per tour and I've come to enjoy them. I take the opportunity to sprawl in the middle of the bed and sleep in the starfish position! So comfy! :sleep:

A nice glass of wine and a strong antihistamine always worked well for me. ;)

I wouldn't go to the extreme of taking sleeping tablets if you are alone with a lo in the house

When my dh is away I usually sleep on his side of the bed

Yes when my OH works night shifts i struggle and i move his pillow so its up against my back. He being working shift on and off fpr 8 years and still dont really like it. I dont like to get my dog up on the bed coz shes a fidget lol!

I can't sleep alone either, (I'm also slightly scared of the dark :blush:) the few nights that I have spent away from DH involve having the bedside lamp on and falling asleep watching TV at 3 am. I wouldn't personally take sleeping pills because they make me drowsy and I would want to be fully alert should ds need me in the night.

My DH went to Germany earlier in the year for football and I hated it, I actually slept with the light on which is odd as the dark doesn't bother me at all

Well my first night with out OH didnt go to well. I didnt get to sleep until 4am! Then up at 7.30am! Shattered! I wasnt really scared of being on my own.Think its the fact that Im so used to him being there. Hopefully tonight wont be as bad. He arrives home around 7am tomarrow morning. Can anyone recommend any songs that could help me drift of to sleep?

I have this problem too. OH works 8 nights a month and I dread it

I stay downstairs all night with the duvet, tv and lights on dropping off every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->