Sleeping?

~NEL~

Reaction score
Hey girlies,
Just wanted to know how you manage to sleep at night. I find it hard to sleep on my back and it takes me ages to get comfortable on my side. And then in the morning my hip hurts so bad.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks x

I'm in exactly same situation hun. It's horrid isn't it?! I'm averaging about 5 hrs a nite but even that's v disturbed!
I finally nodded off at 3.30am this morn after ova 2 hrs of rolling around trying to get comfy. We r meant 2 sleep on left hand side for optimum blood flow 2 baby but like u, I get awful hip ache and leg cramps from that.
I have a long pillow that supports my back but it's not much help. I constantly feel knackered n drained as I'm the type that NEEDS good quality sleep.

I find I'm sleeping ok now. Before I was pregnant I always slept on my tummy.. Obviously that's a no go now and learning to sleep AND STAY on my side was hard work and I wasn't really sleeping at all. But now I find I sleep ok.. I found I sleep alot better with a pillow between my legs and under my bump. xxxxx

I am having similar trouble. sleeping on my back is a bit uncomfortable (although I find if I bend a leg to the side that helps). I used to sleep on my stomach a lot and still can if I do it sorta sideways (shoullders flatish on the matress, but one leg bent up so my stomach isn't entireiy on the matress). If I spend the night on my side I wake up with a sore ear and shoulder. So I wake a lot to roll over. Often. Bah.

I'm in exactly same situation hun. It's horrid isn't it?! I'm averaging about 5 hrs a nite but even that's v disturbed!
I finally nodded off at 3.30am this morn after ova 2 hrs of rolling around trying to get comfy. We r meant 2 sleep on left hand side for optimum blood flow 2 baby but like u, I get awful hip ache and leg cramps from that.
I have a long pillow that supports my back but it's not much help. I constantly feel knackered n drained as I'm the type that NEEDS good quality sleep.

Tell me about it. When did it start for you, think you're about 9 weeks ahead of me. I heard we're supposed to be on the left hand side, didnt know if it was true, thanks.x

I'm finding it impossible to sleep in any position. I get breathless on my back and either side hurts a lot. I got around the hip pain with a pillow between my legs, but I can't get around the rib pain. For some reason being on my side kills my ribs. My back hurts a lot too. I'm averaging about 3 hours a night and it's seriously killing me. Tomorrow I have a 12 hour day coming and I just woke up after about an hour of sleep crying from the pain/lack of sleep. I feel like I'm never going to get a good nights rest again.

I'm finding it impossible to sleep in any position. I get breathless on my back and either side hurts a lot. I got around the hip pain with a pillow between my legs, but I can't get around the rib pain. For some reason being on my side kills my ribs. My back hurts a lot too. I'm averaging about 3 hours a night and it's seriously killing me. Tomorrow I have a 12 hour day coming and I just woke up after about an hour of sleep crying from the pain/lack of sleep. I feel like I'm never going to get a good nights rest again.

Aw hun, seems like you've got it worse than me. I hope you manage to get a good nights sleep soon :hugs:

omg what I wouldn't give for 8 hours of sleep like it used to be with no trips to bathroom, no hip/leg cramps, not turning with this bump and waking up uncomfy. I am getting maternity pillow for Christmas, that should help https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

My girlfriends swear by it so I guess it's time to try it :) xx

I just sleep in any way i can! Right side, left side or back!

I put a pillow under my bump sometimes too

omg what I wouldn't give for 8 hours of sleep like it used to be with no trips to bathroom, no hip/leg cramps, not turning with this bump and waking up uncomfy. I am getting maternity pillow for Christmas, that should help https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

My girlfriends swear by it so I guess it's time to try it :) xx

Thanks for that it looks so comfortable. x

Sam n LB what type of pillow do you use, is it a really soft one?

Thanks. I sometimes use a normal one but it always ends up on the floor by the morning. LOL x

I love sleeping on my back but it is not too comfortable now. I sleep on my left and wake up aching all over the left side of my body. These days I use a pillow between my legs and it seems to help. I also try to shift position and lie on my back with my knees bent, but only for short durations.

I was always a tummy sleeper, and now that it's getting uncomfortable I bought a long body pillow. It's great because I'm really uncomfortable just on my side, and this way I can put one leg and one arm over the pillow without squishing the bump.
The only problem is our bed's a little small for DH, me and the body pillow, so it quite often gets pushed off the bed (better than me being pushed off I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->