Sleeping

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
So my LO has been wide awake for most of the afternoon since 1 PM and I am wondering if I should be concerned. He has had may 2 hours total in cat naps but nothing else.....

anyone else heard of a two week old that stays up all day???

:hugs:

Hannah never stayed up that long when she was that young. If she stayed up too long she got overly tired and very very cranky, making her 100 times harder to get down. Is he acting tired/cranky?

Ummm...Renah did a pretty good job of surviving on no sleep. I think somewhere around 3-3 1/2 weeks she went one day and only slept 20 minutes in 25 hours. Is he pooping and everything okay? He might just be going through a growth spurt - I know my little miss priss here doesn't sleep, she stays up screaming and torturing mommy when she's going through one.

well he is for sure constipated because he has not pooped and I have switched to pretty well straight formula with maybe 8 ounces of breast milk a day. but the funny thing is that he is not cranky at all, super content and happy. Just awake............. :shrug:

he is sleeping right now by the way........ but thats after a full day of awakeness....

If Niamh was awake for that long, at that age then I would normally have a night from hell with her as she would have got herself over tired.

Your LO will let you know if they're not happy. Certainly at that age Niamh was sleeping after every feed.

yeah Renah stays awake all day and sleeps 12 hours in the night. But its a new development. I think some babies just don't need as much sleep sometimes. On the positive side, at least he isn't colic :)

leyley sleeps for most of the day, have u tried swaddling him? that makes her drop off in a few minutes

x

Grace has never been a good napper. At that age though she would often nap for 2-3 hours but only have the one nap. He will let you know if he is overtired though, he'll be cranky as hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->