Slightly open cervix in early pregnancy?

MummyMandi

pregnant with 4th miracle
Reaction score
Is it true that when you have had children before your cervix can feel slightly open during pregnancy?
iv read women saying they felt like there cervix was open? some say slightly open?

i have had a little girl 6 months ago and i think i may be pregnant again but my cervix is slightly open
its very high firm and slightly open all i had was spotting a few days ago nothing else.?
any experiences to share?

my periods are irrgular so when i got through this month with no random periods and some ovulation bleeding i thought this is a big big sign for me and since all i have about 4 or 5 days ago was brown and pink spotting for less than an hour only noticed it twice....?
and a little bit of stretchy thin cm?
but my cervix & the cm thats what puzzles me?

thanks ladies <3 and congrats on bfps :):happydance:

Could it be ovulation? Your cervix is slightly open during ovulation. In late pregnancy (around 37 weeks +) it's normal for woman who have previously had a baby to be 1-2cm dilated before they go into labour.

im starting to think maybe its ovulation but i had one random day of very very light pink bleeding for a few hours and i thought i was getting a period but when i didnt i assumed ovulation but could that be classed as a period if so that would explain me ovulating now?

Have you been having regular cycles? Are you nursing? Both of those things will effect CP and CM.

The cervix should always close tight during pregnancy, but it sometimes takes weeks for it to get that way. Especially in subsequent pregnancies, which may be where that info is coming from. High and open cervix is usually a sign of ovulation, not pregnancy. High, softer, closed cervix would be a sign of pregnancy.

I have 6 kids. It is true. Your baby is only 6 mns old and your body is still healing from birth. It is not an indication of pregnancy though. Mine is always like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->