slightly traumatic but Henrie George is here... 14/01/2011

cadippoz

Reaction score
So its 4am and bubba is fast asleep and the kettle is on so i thought that id take a second to write my birth story.

I had been feeling "wierd" for a few days but thought nothing of it and knew that I had a clinic appointment on the 14th in the am so I decided to do nothing till then.

Went to the appointment, long and boring, blah blah blah.... usual stuff until I mentioned that i was feeling a little crampy and still suffering from my cold a bit. So the Dr decided that at 39+3 hed try and get things moving by doing a sweep.......hmmmmm...dont fancy one of thoes again soon......but the good news was that i was already at 3cm....YEY ME!!!

so anyways sweep done... the Dr them mentioned that for my date i was still carrying very high up so he sent me for a scan to guestimate the babys weight and then he would make a final decision on what to do with me.

Scan done - guestimate weight of peanut - 4.2KG (9lbs 4) - OMG...now i was scared...

Back to the Dr...He decided that i was to be sent straight to the labour ward and started off, we were both hoping for a natural delivery... my big boy had other plans!!!!!

So - OH sent racing home to organise and get my bag.

Im hooked up to all sorts of machiens and gadgets and gizmos as well as the old "make everything move faster drip" - and they MOVED - FAST!!!

An hour later a Dr came to examine me and decided to break my water as well as i was not make as good a progress as theyd like. waters broken....sit and wait...

I was doing good so far, contractions were managable with breathing- i wanted to be as natural as poss ( I had gas and air with my daughter and dont remember a thing about the birth and i didnt want that with this peanut)

then NOTHING - for 4 hours - NOTHING - if anything everything kinna eased off.... BOOHOO....

Another Dr came in (in full scrubs, scared me a bit) and said that i wasnt making any progress and that i was STILL at 3cm........STILL..........SERIOUSLY???????? and to make matters worse peanut had actually moved up some more rather than dropped into my pelvis...then everything moved really fast, OH arrived back and the decision was taken for a C-Section.

The next thing i know Im siting hugging a pillow with some man poking my spine with a needle....

Anyho, the Drs and nurses were really nice and Henrie George was pulled out at 6.30pm on 14/01/2011 and weighed in at exactly 4.2kgs as predicted. He was taken away to be with OH while i was worked on, apparently i was a bit of a bleeder but thankfully all went well and b4 i knew it i was in recovery.

The next few days are a bit of a blur, but I was allowed home at day 3 post-op and it is only today (day 6 post op) that i am feeling like I am slowly healing.

Well, Kettles done - bottles to be made. Sorry its such a long story, thanks for reading. :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Attachments

• P140111_19.27.jpg
    P140111_19.27.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 21
Congrats, and what a great name! x

brilliant weight, good story, congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts