Slighty different concern

jmiller

Kaylee's mommy
Reaction score
My DD was born at 31 weeks weighing 3.4lbs. She is now 6.5 months and weighs 18lbs and is in the 76th percentile for her age. Im concerned that she is gaining weight to fast. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

PS. The doctor's had her on Neosure which they took her off of 2 weeks ago due to the weigh gain.

My twins were born at 32 weeks and just a bit bigger than your little girl. They are gaining weight like crazy...but are only 9 weeks, so unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. Our pediatrician did have us slow them down just a hair on their feedings (they are also on Neosure and breast milk with Neosure added) because he thought overfeeding may be contributing to their excessive gas/constipation, but other than that, I don't know of any reason it would be a problem that she has "caught up" weight-wise. Personally I can't wait for the day my boys are in the "normal" range of weight for their actual age.

Sorry I can't be more help but didn't want to read and run. Let us know what you find out, if anything. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->