Slim fast diet

mummylove

Reaction score
I was just wonder if anyone has done the slim fast diet and how was it for u?

I was thinking of trying it but I keep hearing different things

I've just brought a couple of tins of the shakes, they were half price in super drugs so I thought give it a go :D

Gonna start properly Monday. (Tomorrow). But tried a chocolate shake this morning and it tasted a bit yuck lol

X

I did it for about 2 weeks (not that strict with the meal/calories). I lost about 7lb. It wasn't as bad as I thought but then again I am buggar for not eating breakfast normally so this made me "eat" something.

As a quick fix I would recommend it but not for long term.

ETA:- I didn't use Skimmed Milk for the shakes. I used the one that's inbetween (2% fat I think?) and still used Semi for coffee. For the meal, I didn't count calories, I just used healthy options i.e extra lean mince etc.

I wasn't going to do it long term. Was going to try it for a month and see how I got on

If you need to lose weight fast for a party or something then yes it's good but it's not a healthy diet long term, I'd do weight watchers slimming world or something as with slims fast, as soon as you come off it you will put the weight straight back on x

I don't use them twice a day but I have them as a meal replacement a few times per week when I can't be bothered making lunch, I prefer a smoothie for breakfast which is around the same calories usually.

To make them nicer use loads of ice and make them in a blender if your using the powder, it makes them thicker and more filling!

I've not done it but I remember a lass I knew doing it at the same time I was doing slimming world. She only lost the same amount as me (less some weeks) so it wasn't a dramatic weight loss, but she put on a lot more when she stopped.

I just checked the Slim Fast website and the shakes are approximately 200 calories each. I am assuming you have three a day instead of meals? If that's the case it makes 600 calories a day, and (totally estimating here as I don't know you) if you're say 12 stone and don't do much exercise you probably burn about 1900 calories a day which gives you a calorie deficit of 1500 which times by seven makes 10500 calories per week in deficit. One pound of fat is lot for every 3500 calories you burn which makes it a nice even three pounds a week. If you do an hour of exercise a day you could top that up to four pounds.

I think the way the shakes work is that they have most of the things you need but you will probably be very hungry and feel like crap, and 600 is the diet of an anorexic, so hardly healthy.

With slim fast you do two meals of shakes/meal bars and then a balanced 500ish cal dinner on an evening.

I did it a year or so back for about a month and it was ok. I was never hugely hungry but it got boring pretty quick. It also gave me awful wind! :haha: I quite liked the strawberry shakes - I found ones I made myself with powder tasted way nicer than the preprepared individual shakes you could buy.

Weight loss was slow - about 1lb a week. I'd consider trying it again for a last minute focus before holiday or something but like others have said don't think its a long term thing.

I just checked the Slim Fast website and the shakes are approximately 200 calories each. I am assuming you have three a day instead of meals? If that's the case it makes 600 calories a day, and (totally estimating here as I don't know you) if you're say 12 stone and don't do much exercise you probably burn about 1900 calories a day which gives you a calorie deficit of 1500 which times by seven makes 10500 calories per week in deficit. One pound of fat is lot for every 3500 calories you burn which makes it a nice even three pounds a week. If you do an hour of exercise a day you could top that up to four pounds.

I think the way the shakes work is that they have most of the things you need but you will probably be very hungry and feel like crap, and 600 is the diet of an anorexic, so hardly healthy.

I think you only replace 2 meals and have a balanced meal in the evening around 500 calories. Still not enough to keep me from shoving junk down me to fill the gaps!!!

I tried it and found it hard to stick to every day. I'm now doing slimming world which is working loads better for me and I'm never hungry as you can eat so much on slimming world.

I'm not actually overweight but my weight was going up and I went up 2 sizes and wasn't comfortable with myself.

You have 2 shakes/bars per day + a 500 calorie meal + 2 snacks of around 100 calorie each.

Ah okay! It still makes it a good 2/3lbs a week cos it's a very low calorie intake! Do the shakes keep you full?

I was going to do slimming world but I do t always get time to make the food plus some of if I can't afford everything for the recipe

I was starving on it, I just don't feel full on a 500 cal dinner

Slimmimg world I eat loads and maintain a healthy weight

Example breakfast 2 slices toast, 2 poached eggs and mushrooms

Lunch baked potatoes with beans, yogurt and banana

Dinner home made spaghetti bolognaise...

Snack on as much fruit as I want, could even have a choc bic and small glass of wine

Last time I did it the meal was 600 cals so might have been changed since then. But for me it worked amazingly. I lost 3 stone and kept it off (til I had my 2nd child anyway lol) xx

I might just try it for a month and see how i get on. If it dont work then i think i will give slimming world a try

Slimming world doesn't need to be expensive. I ate a lot of jacket potatoes, soups, pasta & whatever veg and fruit happened to be on offer.

I did meal replacement before but celebrity slim not Slimfast. I lost 2st quickly but it was quite hard x

I saw the 7 day meal plan that looks good. Me and oh said we would just go shopping every week instead of monthly

Slimming world sounds fabulous! Can you do it online as opposed to going to an actual class? I did weight watchers 2 years ago for three month, lost 18lbs but found counting points tedious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->