• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slimming world?

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
Has anyone here joined Slimming World? I'm going to soon, but I'm very nervous! I don't know what to expect.. What happens at the groups?

:flower:

you go in, get weighed, then sit in the group and talk about how well/bad you have done that week. You share recipes and tips and generally have a bit of a laugh.

don't be nervous. It was one of the BEST things I have ever done. I have so far lost 2st 3lbs.
I have just over 1st to go til I reach target.

here are some before, during and after pics of my journey so far.

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534144_10151318941246455_1872304975_n.jpg

Binky you look amazing- well done! Ive done SW on and off for 12 years now, i love it. Ive just rejoined- its the first time ive attended class during pregnancy but so far so good.

As Binky said you get weighed and then its best to stay to group, go through what you have done that week, recipes etc- its generally quite a good laugh too!

There is a slimming world group on this forum too! xx

Me :)

Its good. The groups are good too. There's not much too it really! You'll go and sign up, get weighed and sit listening to what everyone lost lol. x

Oops my journal doesn't seem to work. its here...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/dieting-journals/1867353-my-slimming-world-journey.html

Thanks everyone! Binxy you look incredible! Can I ask, how long has it taken you to get to your current size?

Do you get weighed in public? I'm really insecure so really nervous!

The only people who see your weight are you and the person weighing you. Then in group the leader will say how much you have lost, not your weight.

you go in, get weighed, then sit in the group and talk about how well/bad you have done that week. You share recipes and tips and generally have a bit of a laugh.

don't be nervous. It was one of the BEST things I have ever done. I have so far lost 2st 3lbs.
I have just over 1st to go til I reach target.

here are some before, during and after pics of my journey so far.

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534144_10151318941246455_1872304975_n.jpg

Wow!!! You look amazing! Well done and what an advertisement for slimming world you are! Phenomenal. :)

Thanks everyone :)
I joined in October 2012, so that first pic is from Sept 2012 (and is the pic that made me join!) The second one is from Dec 2012 and the last one is from April 2013.
I have hit a wavey patch at the min where I'm just maintaining my weight rather than losing, but the support of the group is really helping.

binxyboo you look incredible! Well done.

I joined 3 weeks ago and as of this morning I've lost 9 pound in total, best decision I ever made xx

I'm joining soon, a week on Tuesday with a friend. A friend of mine has lost 16lbs in 4 weeks! x

Phew, thought it was a sort of shout your weight and shame you into losing it deal :haha:

Can't wait to start! I need to get myself sorted. My mum was taking pictures of me and my daughter in her garden, I don't think I realised how bad I looked until she showed me!

No they don't shame you. I got my club 10 this week (having lost 10% of my body weight) and I asked the group leader to not even give my total weight loss as it's not rocket science to multiply that by ten to get my starting weight - she was fine with that. I find my group very supportive.

There is a lady at my group that doesn't even get told her weight. She doesn't want to know. She refuses to look at the scales and they don't write her weight down in her slimming diary. Just the amount she lost.
Because she needs to let her Dr know how she is doing (she joined cos of medical reasons), the group leader writes it all down in a letter once a month, seals it up and gives it to the woman to atke to her surgery.
THAT'S how accommodating and sensitive they are about weight and weight loss.

I have lost 7lb in 2 weeks so far at slimming world. It's really good! :) xx

Oooh brilliant! My doctor has referred me, so just waiting to hear back then I'll know when I start!

Starting my 30 day shred tomorrow, which is just the boost I need I think!

Can I hijack and ask how long the meetings are? My dh works for himself and there's a 5pm one here but I might have to take dd

I've been to mine today and you can leave straight away if you need to (I did. Doctors app not long after) they last half an hour - 1 hour. Depends on how busy it is. I went to 11:30 one and it was empty so not long for that one. But 5-7 ones are very busy where I am but I find it better support at the bigger classes x

Yeah - about an hour long as PP said. But you can leave anytime you want!
I have gone in, got weighed and walked straight back out before.
Other times I have stayed for the whole session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->