sling, buggy board or twin pram for 2 under 2?

1eighty

Reaction score
this buggy pod thing has been recommended to me but our pram is about 5 years old (second hand when i got it) and doubt it would be compatible. though DS is now walking great, there will be times when he's too tired or too distracted to walk and will need the pushchair. my original plan was to wear #2 and have #1 in the pram (easier from 6mth as #2 could easy go in the pram, too, and #1 could walk, etc) but i'm not sure how feasible that would be.

basically, i'm looking for recommendations based on personal experience.

I didn't vote because it depends on the baby and many other factors which route I'd go.

My girls are totally different. My oldest was never fond of a carrier and wouldn't last more than 10mins in it, if that, yet she enjoyed being in her car seat and stroller. My youngest does okay in the carrier (although she enjoys just being held more) and isn't so excited to be in her car seat or stroller, although it somewhat works, sometimes. Unfortunately it's impossible to know beforehand what the younger lo would do best in! :/

It depends how you'd generally use the double stroller/carrier/board too.
Would you take them out on your own often? If so, what would you find easier? How long would you generally be out and where would you go? Would you use public tansport or do you drive? How are the streets in your area (well paved, bumpy)? These are some of the questions I'd ask in order to figure out what would be the best option.

I voted sling. I had the same plan as you but hubby insisted on getting a double buggy. We hardly used it.

We had a sling and a pushchair when DD was little (13 months between her and DS). We also got a buggy board but DS refuses to stay on it, so the most used has been our double pushchair. Definitely couldn't have done without it! DS walks most of the time now, but we still put DD in the double as DS then has the option of getting in if he gets tired on long journeys (which he frequently does - he asks to get in it) xx

I mostly use a sling (stretchy or ring sling) and a stroller for dd1 when she's tired, as it folds flatter.

I have a double buggy too which I've used a couple of times, then ended up having dd2 in the buggy and carrying dd1 (ring sling) or dd1 insists on going in the flat portion leaving me to carry dd2 anyway, so if I had my time again I would have a double buggy as its been occasionally useful but I would have bought a cheaper one!

The sling however has been a life and sanity saver bth in and out the house.
X

I have all three and a single. I use various combos depending on the day to day activity. The amount we walk the double is a lifesaver. The buggy board and single are good for shorter journeys/single and sling.

I have a double buggy which we used all the time when the boys were younger as well as using a sling for ds2 and ds1 in the buggy or trike. Now ds1 is older we have a buggy board but I don't think I'd have used it when ds1 was much younger.

I use my double buggy every day, as I like to walk - gets me a bit of exercise and keeps the kids amused for an hour! DD is a good walker, but too slow to go for a proper walk. She wouldn't be sensible enough to use a buggy board for longer walks, and my back definitely wouldn't stand carrying my chunky baby in a sling or carrier on a daily basis (i do use a Soft carrier on certain occasions though, like forest walks). And I can't imagine using either a sling or a buggy board on the odd occasion when I take the 2 of them shopping - I need to be able to contain my 20 month old as she would cause havoc, plus I need to be able to put the baby down somewhere when stopping for food etc.

welp, i have a pram with infant seat that converts to a regular stroller you can put the back down on for naps, i have a ring sling, i have an umbrella stroller... once we're ready to announce the pregnancy i'll start looking on the facebook groups for a collapsible tandem/twin buggy and maybe a buggy board if it's dead cheap! that way, all bases are covered.

thanks everyone for your thoughts and input!

I am undecided at the moment what I will do as I love to wear my baby but, at the same time I will be having a c-section so don't know how my body will react this time. My dd is also not walking yet due to being in a brace for hip dysplasia so if she's not walking I will need to be able to put her in a pram. What I think I'll end up doing is choosing what I want and waiting until after bubs is born and get it if I need it.

I had a double buggy, but my daughter lways wanted to be carried. So, my son would be in the buggy, and my baby would be in my arms, and I would be trying to push a hard to move buggy with an unbalanced toddler while carrying a floppy, often crying, newborn. Well, until I wised up, ditched the double and got an Ergo type carrier. What a difference!!! I even had my hands free if my toddler wanted to walk! If you go for the double, get the sling too! Lifesaver!! My two older ones were 20 mths apart.

Previous poster...I had all sections, and Ergos are fine!! The first couple weeks I didnt o too far anyways, at least not n my own. After two weeks you will be fine! I was out shopping two days later!

I got a cheap double and had my sling as well, glad I didn't spend much on the double as it doesn't get used now, but I'm glad I got it it was fab in the early days going for walks and them both falling asleep!!

I have 2y3m between mine and had a sling (well a variety) and a buggyboard. I would barely have used a double. I did find after 6 months I often had the baby in the buggy and a sling to put the older on my back if necessary, not quite the way round I had anticipated!

I'm buying a double buggy, I went through all of these options myself, my daughter is a keen walker but she still doesn't listen to direction so it would be to stressful pushing a buggy and constantly trying to direct my dd and dealing with her throwing a tantrum if were not going the way she wants to go.

I can't imagine her staying nicely on a buggy board and can see her wanting to walk over standing on it.

The buggy and wearing the newborn I considered this but thought I could end up wearing the youngest for a good year as this would take my dd to 2.5 years so probably the age she can walk on her own etc. also I'm giving birthin the winter and have horrible thoughts of slipping and falling over in the snow or on Ice so scarred I could hurt my newborn if I fell.

So double buggy it is :) I've decided second hand though as it will probably only get a years use but I'm confident it will be the better and easier option for me :)

I'm due next month and dd will be 2 years and 4 months and I've bought a double pram. She's a good walker but 50% of the time asks to go in her pram over walking

I'm buying a double buggy, I went through all of these options myself, my daughter is a keen walker but she still doesn't listen to direction so it would be to stressful pushing a buggy and constantly trying to direct my dd and dealing with her throwing a tantrum if were not going the way she wants to go.

I can't imagine her staying nicely on a buggy board and can see her wanting to walk over standing on it.

The buggy and wearing the newborn I considered this but thought I could end up wearing the youngest for a good year as this would take my dd to 2.5 years so probably the age she can walk on her own etc. also I'm giving birthin the winter and have horrible thoughts of slipping and falling over in the snow or on Ice so scarred I could hurt my newborn if I fell.

So double buggy it is :) I've decided second hand though as it will probably only get a years use but I'm confident it will be the better and easier option for me :)

There'll be a slightly bigger gap between my 2 (20 months) but I'm with you on all your reasoning so I'm getting a double too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->