Sling suggestion that will fit hubby?

Tink80

Mom to 1, TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi, ladies. Wondering if you more experienced girls could give me some advice.

We've already bought a harness type carrier for Baby Eva but me and hubby were talking and would also like to get a sling that he can wear (if both of us can wear it bc it's adjustable even better but most importantly i need one that fits him).

Now, he is a BIG guy so I need something very adjustable. I was thinking maybe a ring sling type with a really long tail but I don't know.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to sort through an internet search but I'm getting overwhelmed.

Can I suggest that you post this in the Natural Parenting section? There may be mamas there that won't pick this up here and they may have some good ideas.

Personally, I'd go for a simple plain dark coloured woven wrap - you don't give sizes, so I can't pluck wrap sizes out for you, but I'm a UK size 8 on the top with a 20 month, and I have 2 size 7s which would be fine for a BIG man too ;) You just use a different type of carry to use up less or more wrap as required, or you can just wrap the excess round to use it up. HTH

My husband could never get comfortable with a sling...but the Ergo worked great for him! He could also use the Moby wrap, but prefers the Ergo.

I'd recommend a wrap, they're most versatile. I have one and both OH and I use it :)

A ring sling would be the most accommodating for both you and your hubby. If you have a local babywearing group go to a few meetings and let them help you both find what you like best. They can help with making sure you're both comfortable adjusting and all that good stuff. Plus they'll have other suggestions to try if the ring sling isn't working for you.

ERGO all the way...hubby is 6 feet 1 inch and 225 lbs and it fits perfect!

My DH isn't large but he couldnt get comfy in the sling either. He did excellent with the Ergo though. Ive seen very large daddys wear the Ergo with no issue. Plus im short and chubby and i can wear the same Ergo with a simple adjustment. And he even wore the Moby Wrap a few times. Much better at a younger age but he did wear it (it would adjust well for your husband since it's a wrap, however, i must warn after about 12lbs it started hurting our shoulders.). He preferred the Ergo in large though...i think he felt more manly in the Ergo lol (plus it was more comfortable after the first 3ish months)

I'd suggest a Soft structured carrier (ergo, connecta, beco Gemini etc). They seem to appeal to men more because of the buckles etc - my hubby will wear our Eva in our beco Gemini, but he wouldn't wear a mobi or other wrap, partly because he can't be bothered with the wrapping bit, and partly because he doesn't like the look of it the same. Plus the buckles make it easily adjustable to different people.

also going to suggest a Ring Sling, I was looking into a Maya ring sling specifically. There are sizes available, and usually the slings have a whole bunch of extra fabric to adjust to yours or your DH's personal size comfortably

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->