slow heartbeat and growth..waiting to miscarry

mummy2013

Reaction score
Hello All im new here and thought I would share my story and hope to read your stories and your experiences
So I got a posative HPT on 27/3/2013 and was over the moon!!! I had a few cramp likepains so went to the EPU and had a scan

Scan on 8/4/2014 which showed a sac but nothing else

Went back for follow up scan on 25/4/14 - fetus seen (yey) but slow growth and slow heart rate also noted :-( she said that the heart rate was less than half the "normal" rate at this stage and a miscarriage is likely :cry: I am devastated ... they wanted me to wait two weeks and go back but I cant wait its driving me potty not knowing whats goin on inside my own body :-( so I contacted the EPU and they said I can go back after 1 week and that is this friday ...

Im soooo scared ... I have kind of accepted that my baby has gone as all my symptoms of pregnancy (nausea) have gone completely ...

Anybody had similar ecperience? Xxx

I haven't had this experience but I have read lots of stories of girls being told that hb is too slow or not enough growth only to go back and see a perfect wee person growing away. My fingers are crossed that it is a happy outcome on Friday for you xx

Hi mummy2013,

I'm in the same boat! My lmp was 7 March. I've been having my hcg levels tracked and they have been rising well. On Friday I went for a scan (should have been 7 weeks according to lmp)and it only showed a sac and a foetal pole but no heartbeat. Redid my hcg levels on Friday and they were 29000. Went again on Monday for more bloods and after 3 days they only went up to 31800! Doc was not hopeful so asked me to go back today and be scanned again? Low and behold they found a heartbeat and bean looked bigger so I'm not out the woods by any chance but my doc said where there's life there's hope! Good luck Hun :hugs:

I don't have experience, but hang in there and stay positive, maybe the hb was just early in development and is just raring up. Hopefully you get good news on Friday. :hugs:

Thank you ladies .. this week is lasting very long!!! Roll on friday
Shell-bell thats great news! Good luck huni!! Keep in touch xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"