Slow Rise Question

Suki73

Reaction score
Ok, charting and checking in with Dr. Google are turning me into a nutbag. Can anyone tell me whether a slow rise - there's a gradual 3-day rise after ovulation and temperature then rockets up on day 4, is a problem?

All I see when I google is "slow rise...luteal phase defect." Does anyone else have this or any idea if it's something that generally poses a problem?

Temps are in celsius. Thanks

My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f058

Dr. Google should be sued! Lol. He really can make a mountain out of a molehill. If you read on FF's website, they did a study of pregnant versus not pregnant charts and found no correlation between pregnancy and large shifts; a rise is a rise. :flower:

FF has managed to draw your crosshairs so I agree with Dmom, a rise is a rise.

My rise is just the same as yours , I think it shows you have ovulated . Good luck x

Thanks ladies :flower:

Yes, Dmom, Dr. Google should be sued, but to be honest it's not really his fault. It's mine for being such a NEUROTIC, lol.

I guess a rise is a rise is a rise. I'm not doubting I ovulated, I'm worried about a slow rise being a possible marker of fertility issues...

But I have a longish luteal phase too, so maybe my body is just leisurely with everything, lol :)

Suki- don't let this be your new anxiety! If you start to analyze every piece of the puzzle and look for issues that aren't there, you will be bonkers in a week! Lol

Suki- don't let this be your new anxiety! If you start to analyze every piece of the puzzle and look for issues that aren't there, you will be bonkers in a week! Lol

I know :wacko: Some would argue I already am bonkers, but I think I have a way to go yet :haha:

A rise is a rise :thumbup: Honestly if FF can draw cross hairs then I wouldn't worry :hugs:

If you have a question in mind and look on google for more than 5 minutes you can find any answer you want and not all of it is from good sources :nope:

This TTC lark is hard enough without looking for extra worries so hard as it is to do try to relax :hugs:

:rofl::rofl: Sorry Suki, the title had me thinking of sommit else!!:winkwink::haha:

Jax....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.....I thought the same thing.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, though...What if FF is wrong and you Oed on CD22? Did u continue to DTD?

Jax....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.....I thought the same thing.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, though...What if FF is wrong and you Oed on CD22? Did u continue to DTD?

FF wrong? What?!? :haha:

Actually it's all moot as we are not ttc this cycle. Yes, I actually get this hung up on a non-ttc month :wacko:

I was concerned about the fact that my temp didn't rise abruptly until about 3 days after ov, just from a progesterone sufficiency pov.

And just for the record, my OH is definitely NOT a slow riser. :smug:

Interesting that FF gives you crosshairs on CD19. I would have guessed CD20 based on the fact you were still get a + OPK and still getting EWCM.

If you look at pregnancy charts on FF you'll see a lot that have a slow rise so I don't think its a big problem.

Interesting that FF gives you crosshairs on CD19. I would have guessed CD20 based on the fact you were still get a + OPK and still getting EWCM.

If you look at pregnancy charts on FF you'll see a lot that have a slow rise so I don't think its a big problem.

Yep, I have a 33 day cycle and a luteal phase of 14 days (still tracking this to know for definite though); so based on those averages OV would have been predicted for CD20. I had a slowish surge of LH though - definite but weaker positive on CD18, very strong positive on CD19, and back to a weaker positive on CD20. That's based on observation of the darkness of the line compared to the control line. The whole cycle seems fairly...leisurely.

From what I felt subjectively I would agree with FF. Didn't feel the "pop" or have OV pain this cycle, but I would put ovulation on the night of CD19.

Thanks for the reassurance re. the slow rise. I guess if you look at the ovulation dip and take that into account it's a fairly definitive shift, it just takes me a while to get up there around 36.70. FF is fantastic, I think. I've learned such a huge amount from taking their course :amartass:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->