Slow to rise HCG - No hb yet, but we've got a sac and a yolk

Tortoisewins

Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I've been searching these posts all day....very informative stuff. Hoping for a little encouragement, cause can't find anyone quite in my situation. We conceived naturally...first pregnancy at age 41. What???? After trying for 2 years....anyway needless to say we want this baby....very shocked it happened cause I was a little too heavy to meet fertility treatment guidelines. I did lose some weight and now we're waiting...and we are very very thankful.

My HCG has never doubled since they've been testing it, beta was 3000, then 48 hrs, 3500, then 4150....waiting for the phone call to see what it is now, although its been a week since last beta. So its going up, but they think I'm about 6 1/2 weeks now
There is a 13mm and a yolk so I am hopeful...sac has gotten bigger by 3mm in 3 days.....but doctors are soooo cautious, I am a nervous nelly about the whole thing because they keep wanting me to come in every few days and keep bringing up "ectopic" even though I thought they ruled it out first 2 ultrasounds. What is this craziness going on? Lord help me ....trying to stay even -keeled....will find out this afternoon if HCGis still rising.

That sounds so scary. My sister went through that, and the embryo stopped developing at about 6 1/2 weeks. She went in for an ultrasound a few days after that because she started bleeding and found out. I've seen people on here report that their embryos caught up and were healthy babies, but more often than not, I haven't seen good news in this situation. I would certainly expect the worst but hope for the best in this situation.

Please don't think you've done anything wrong. If the embryo is unable to develop, it's because it would not have turned into a healthy baby. When Did you last have an ultrasound? How far along should you be according to your last period?

I just want to wish you the best of luck. I got pregnant naturally (wasn't even trying) 2 months before turning 46. It's a lot harder to get a healthy egg and pregnancy loss happens a lot. I had 3 miscarriages when I was a bit younger, and in all of those I had slow rising hcg, but in years on this forum I have seen women post with slow rising hcg and having a healthy baby, so I think only time will tell. I do hope you have a little sticky bean there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->