• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slowing rising hCG and high progesterone???

hfm5110

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and looking for some support/guidance.

I had a + home pregnancy test on 10/25, so went in for blood work that morning. hCG came back at 98.5, which they said was good. They had me go back in on 10/29 to recheck my levels. It was only 135.6 when they wanted to see close to 400. The nurse didn't think the pregnancy would be viable, but did say I had a very high progesterone level, 46. I'm going in tomorrow for another blood draw. The nurse did ask if I've started to bleed - but I haven't and no cramping either.

I was devastated after the call and searched the web last night to try and learn more. Are slowing rising hCG levels ok? I'm thinking that at least they're rising, not doing backwards.

Have other had a successful pregnancy after starting with slowly rising hCG levels??

hi there,

my hcg was slow rising from the first draw to the second and then on the third draw it quadrupled. having said that, it was rising 66% which is the bare minimum they like to see within a 48 hour period. each pregnancy is different, i really do believe that, and these are just benchmarks. i believe there is hope for you hcg to catch up-- however it may be good to also consider that it might not, as that is a fairly slow rise. i am truly hoping for the best for you.

let us know and best of luck.

That is a bit on the slow side. But I wouldn't consider your situation hopeless. I've read that progesterone is a better predictor of viability than hcg is. You really can't know for sure until your next blood draw.

I feel that tomorrow is crucial. If there isn't a substantial hCG increase and a good progesterone reading, then this likely won't continue.

I have a little hope still, not too much, but a little.

Hfm, I hope you ended up with a good result. I had my first Ivf this month and was happy with a bnf. But a week later my hcg levels had not even doubled. I had more blood done today with very little increase in numbers(at 301 now).I'm now waiting for Sunday to have an ultrasound. Doesn't look good.

my first beta was 522 with progesterone level 74.8 my second draw was 876 i cant pin point when i oved as i have pcos but 2 days later i went in for a scan i seen a sac yolk sac and the start of a fetal pole xx

Have you had your hcg tested again? Hope all is well.

Have you had your hcg tested again? Hope all is well.

Yes! Here's an update. I had a few more blood draws with the following results:
10/31 - 226
11/2 - 515
11/4 - 1152
11/6 - 1953

I also had an ultrasound on 11/6 (6w) and they saw a gestational sac and a tiny yolk sac. :dance:

I go in Wednesday (7w) for another and potentially a 3rd scan the following week. I'm crossing my fingers for good growth this week and hopefully a heartbeat at 8w.

Wow! Yay! That is such great news!!! CONGRATS!

Found out my levels went up to 635. Risk of ectopic but nothing showing on ultrasound. I was given methotrexate. :(

Hi HFM5110, I wanted to see how things turned out for you, I have searched the web and have not found similar stories to slow rising HCG but high progesterone. My numbers were very similar to yours, but my progesterone level is 33.6 after discontinuing the progesterone supplements two weeks ago. They did an ultrasound at 6w5d and they said the fetal sac is measuring behind by a few days- but they were able to see a heartbeat. I was not told how fast the heartbeat was, but I heard him say "fast" to the nurse. Any hope at this point woud be great, he says he doesn't think this is viable and I will miscarry soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->