• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sma lf...struggling to poo :(

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
I posted this in Baby club but nobody could help me so I'm posting here.. My LO has been put on SMA Lf formula due to reflux and doctor thinks she may have a slight lactose intolerance. Her reflux has been better but now she has terrible constipation! It's like paste and last night she was screaming in pain trying to go we had to give her a warm bath, tummy massage and vaseline on her bum while peddling her legs it was awful.. I don't know what to do :( anyone else have this trouble on lf milk? If so did a change of brand help? I'm a my wits end trying out formulas now :(

I'm not familiar with the SMA of formula but the normal SMA is notorious for constipation as it contains so much iron, can you try another brand of lf?

I'll see if I can change brands as I've never liked SMA she was on c&g and then Aptamil I always steerer clear of the SMA but the doctor prescribed it and I didn't want to decline it lol.. :(

Ff babies are more likely to get constipation as Formula is harder to break down. My LO would struggle upto about 8 weeks old then it just fixed itself, she was on aptamil first stage for that whole time.

Have advised that babies need to learn to use all the muscles in their bowels so pooing is often a struggle for upto 3 months old. I asked if we should change formulas and she said no cos it can take a few weeks for their bellies to get used to a formula.

If you've only just started that formula you should give it a chance to settle in. Belly massage and leg bicycling were great for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->