small eyes

scarly

Reaction score
I have just commented on an older post on this topic. I feel kind of dumb writing about this but it's starting to bug me a little cause how can people keep making comments on something .. my baby has very small eyes..when I came across a post talking about something similar I realized maybe I'm not dumb to feel hurt. People have been commenting on my babies eyes saying she always looks tired ...she looks like a boy...and her face isn't very feminine (last two I guess the same) also heard
Hopefully her eyes will eventually grow...Ugh...she is just an innocent baby why does her looks need to be criticized already? Over some thing that isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but when you hear it enough it starts to stick. Anyone else have a baby with very small eyes.? I want to know if people did the same to you?

Our guy has small eyes too. But both dh and I have this same eye shape. I always have people telling me kiddo is tired. It was frustrating at first but I stopped caring what other people thought. You know you're child best,who cares if someone thinks she looks tired? :) I'm due a baby girl in June, I'm sure she'll have her brother's eyes and I'm also sure she'll be prefect.

One lady loves Finn's eyes. She calls him dreamy and always gushes over how handsome he is. She says he has dreamy eyes.

I know it seems silly to post about...but it seems that's all people have focused on and never in a positive way, it is like they can't just say something nice. I don't know just bothers me .

My girls all have somewhat small eyes. They also have huge heads which makes their features appear smaller lol. Their dad has tiny eyes lol, and mine arent exactly huge either. I have only ever had comments on how beautiful they all are, I cant believe some people would say such negative things.

Also, none of mine have ever looked particularly 'feminine' especially as their hair is the slowest growing hair ever, but they are all beautiful, and I wouldnt even listen if anyone said otherwise.

Your baby is perfect, please dont worry about what anyone else says! (easier said than done, I know!)

Thanks for understanding...I am surprisingly bothered by it. I never thought in a million years that something that shouldn't be a big deal keeps getting brought up ...went out shopping yesterday and someone again pointed out "oh boy ...her eyes are so small..I'm sure it will all be adjusted once she is older" like really? I can't tell you how many times I hear stuff like that... I am always shocked. Will she be told those things when she is able to understand it? I hope not :( all your babies are beautiful BTW :)

Thanks for understanding...I am surprisingly bothered by it. I never thought in a million years that something that shouldn't be a big deal keeps getting brought up ...went out shopping yesterday and someone again pointed out "oh boy ...her eyes are so small..I'm sure it will all be adjusted once she is older" like really? I can't tell you how many times I hear stuff like that... I am always shocked. Will she be told those things when she is able to understand it? I hope not :( all your babies are beautiful BTW :)

People are idiotic!!! Babies change so much over time!! Why the focus on just one feature? Next time they make a comment on "small" eyes, just calmly smile and say "Aww, yes! Just like your brain!" :haha:

(I'm sure another bnb lady knows something much more witty to say than that though! :) )

Thanks for that lol!.wish I could say it! It would feel good...but probably only for a bit ...lol then the rage would return :wacko:

I know this is an old thread but did any of your babies eyes appear to get wider as they got older? Or do the comments not bother you anymore? Some people are so rude, can't believe they would come and say things like that

I've had comments on all of my kids, and they always upset me.

This Thomas it was that his ears stick out, with Sophie it was looks like a boy, is fat and bald, has a piggy nose. Emma gets omg she's SO WHITE and SO TINY.

Really upset me to the point of tears!

I think it's really rude to comment on somebody's appearance whether it be an adult or child and id be upset too. Nellie still doesnt have much hair and gets referred to as a boy all the time even though her face looks very girly to me. Some people are just idiots. Should tell them her eyes are nowhere near as small as their brains!

People can be cruel. DD's eyes look a bit squinted to me, but MIL's eyes are like that, so probably genetic. No one has ever made a comment though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->