Small nurseries (and I mean small!!!)...

that is nice...

i also love https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/range/gingerbread/2655/ and really want the blanket but i really cant justify spending £30 on a single blanket!! Mamas and Papas are expensive and i just do not have the pocket for them!!

the cream and them colours go fine....!!

The fourth colour from the right (the dark pink/red colour) is actually the colour I have for my baby's room.....the carpet is cream, walls are white and i have a blackout blind in that red/pink colour which I am tieing in with the rest of my accessories like her bumper, cot mobile etc.

I'm going to add the reds or blues in the bedding and accessories and also in our bedding. I actually saw a really nice duvet set in Rosebys which I nearly bought today but glad I didn't coz I was walking past Primark and saw almost an identical one in the window for half the price!

To be honest, I think kitting out the baby's end of the room will cost more than kitting out our end! I'm going to look in Ikea for the full length voile curtain you suggested and maybe sew on some little flowers or something else along the top or the hem.

How about a screen?? You can get some really pretty ones and then LO would be in a kind of seperate place!!!!

I'm going to add the reds or blues in the bedding and accessories and also in our bedding. I actually saw a really nice duvet set in Rosebys which I nearly bought today but glad I didn't coz I was walking past Primark and saw almost an identical one in the window for half the price!

To be honest, I think kitting out the baby's end of the room will cost more than kitting out our end! I'm going to look in Ikea for the full length voile curtain you suggested and maybe sew on some little flowers or something else along the top or the hem.

I really like this range in Ikea.....

these are the curtains (which im not getting as i have a blind

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40124032

i really like the cot canopy which i am going to get on payday....

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20130878

I cant wait to go and see them in the shop.....!! They also do a lovely patchwork quilt in taht range and its lovely for a boy or girl so hopefully when i have baby number 2 it can still be used if i have a boy!

As my flat is rented I dont want to go too neutral as by the time i leave there (when the council eventually help me out) my LO will be a toddler so i want things that can be used until she is big....like the bed canopy she can have until she is 6 or 7 age...and the colourful stuff will not be outdated.....im trying to save what pennies i have to so when i leave and it comes to doing up her new bedroom in my next place...i wont have to do/buy much....

How about a screen?? You can get some really pretty ones and then LO would be in a kind of seperate place!!!!

We did think about a screen, but one side of the wall will be mirrored sliding doors and the other side will be a sliding screen wall anyway, so there's nothing to fix a screen to. We were looking at the hanging screens in Ikea, but I think it'd be easier to have something that would tie back and could be taken down and washed easily.

As my flat is rented I dont want to go too neutral as by the time i leave there (when the council eventually help me out) my LO will be a toddler so i want things that can be used until she is big....like the bed canopy she can have until she is 6 or 7 age...and the colourful stuff will not be outdated.....im trying to save what pennies i have to so when i leave and it comes to doing up her new bedroom in my next place...i wont have to do/buy much....

I am totally doing the same thing - every piece of furniture MUST have a life beyond the nursery! IKEA has been great that way - you can transform the crib into a toddler bed, the change table into a dresser, etc. And I'm doing the same thing with decor - lots of bright animal prints from various folk artists, collected during my travels - definitely fine for a kid, as well as a baby. I want a cute room for baby, but with all the other gear, like strollers and high chairs, something's gotta give! At least, this way the cost gets spread out over a lot longer time frame. It makes me wince to be spending crazy money on stuff that will be used for only 6-8 months.

Tell me about it...before you know it you have spent loads!!! I have a cotbed for her and also my changer is like a shelving unit so when she is a bot older i can buy pretty storage boxes for her toys to go on it.....even my plastic baby box from mothercare i have earmarked for her pens and crayons and stuff....NOTHING WILL BE WASTED!! ha ha

I really love bright colours and also want her room to be visually stimulating! I love the neutral stuff but as the rest of my flat is neutral i've had enough!!! ha ha Its time to inject some colour!!

Ok, this is my idea based on a girls theme. I want to fine some more kiddie prints, but I couldn't be bothered to draw teddies etc...

Attachments

• room colour.jpg
    room colour.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 6
Thanks to Mervsmum, this is the range I've decided to work with mainly: https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/range/barnaby-button/2662/limit-33/page-1/sort-0/

I'll add in my reds/blues depending on what comes out!

i love mama's and papa's zeddy and parsnip when its all put together it looks lovely, it is costly but the in-laws bought the pram so i've justified it that way lol, and i have a really small room too, i wanted a rocking chair don't think we'll have room though, so might get a big bean bag instead
x

i love mama's and papa's zeddy and parsnip when its all put together it looks lovely, it is costly but the in-laws bought the pram so i've justified it that way lol, and i have a really small room too, i wanted a rocking chair don't think we'll have room though, so might get a big bean bag instead
x

Their stuff is so cute! But you're right, it is expensive.

x

got some great bargains on ebay though, brand new zeddy parsnip valance for the got £4.24, and the curtains were £37 which are £60 in the shop, so thats lightenened the final bill, i ahve to do it the way i want as they soon develop their own tastes, my daughter who's 13 has just begged me to do her room playboy yuck, i just cringe putting the curtains up, but it actually looks really nice and has a few lava lamps in there and looks really cosy.... better than red and black which i had as a teen lol
x

x

got some great bargains on ebay though, brand new zeddy parsnip valance for the got £4.24, and the curtains were £37 which are £60 in the shop, so thats lightenened the final bill, i ahve to do it the way i want as they soon develop their own tastes, my daughter who's 13 has just begged me to do her room playboy yuck, i just cringe putting the curtains up, but it actually looks really nice and has a few lava lamps in there and looks really cosy.... better than red and black which i had as a teen lol
x

Yeah, we've chosen a neutral theme because LO will be in our room and as much as we want the 'baby presence' in the room, we don't really want to sleep in a nursery! The room needs redecorating anyway, so I'll look forward to putting it all together in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->