Smashed iPhone screen

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I'm soooooooo annoyed, I was in the park with Ben and he slipped, as I bent to pick him up my phone fell out of my pocket and the screen has smashed :(

I stupidly don't have it insured and I'm soooo stuck money wise right now. Does anyone think if I take it to an apple store they might take pity on me and fix it free?! Is that wishful thinking?!

I phoned a local shop that fixes them but it's £80, ouch!! Worst case ill have to wait until January when ill have some spare cash. I'm gutted :(

Apple charge £100, i knoked mine off the side of the bath and smashed it all and thats what they wanted to charge me, apple used to replace them for free but i think too many people were taking advantage x

That's annoying. Try a local repair shop.
I really think Apple should make them stronger, the screens are pathetic!

Apple do charge a fair amount. Try and find a market stall that might but that will more then likely void warrenty. I know I saw timpsons fix them too but dunno how much. If ur brave u could buy a kit off e bay and watch a video on YouTube how to fix them. Again voids warranty
When I smashed mine I ended up claiming on insurance as I didn't want to void the warranty and that was the cheapest option

Someone I know ordered a screen from amazon and they changed it themselves. Dont think it cost much either!

I paid £40 from our local indoor market to replace my front screen when it was smashed. One week later Tommy threw my phone and it is all cracked again :(.

*whispers* Apple charged me nothing whilst still in warranty

Some of the Geniuses are pretty lovely

Going elsewhere will void your warranty, if you have any left

AP that's exactly what I was hoping! I've only had it 4 months :( I rang the store yesterday and he said my warranty doesn't cover a smashed screen but they'll do what they can. I'm thinking playing on the single mum with Xmas coming up route and if that fails shameless flirting!!

I called a local newsagents who fix phones but because it's an iPhone 5 he wants £80. I'd rather apple did it properly for £100!!

I've got an appointment at Genius Bar on Sat so ill update then. Worst case ill have to get glass in my thumb and struggle to read the screen for a few months!!

I smashed the screen to my beloved transformer and couldn't afford to have it repaired - they wanted nearly 200€ for it. It was still in warranty either, why can't it cover these things? Happens too often I guess.

In the end I sold it on eBay as defective and got enough to buy a nexus 7. You'd think they make them stronger but I guess anything made of glass will break :( hope they sort it and don't charge you the earth for it.

If they won't do it then it's really not difficult to change a screen, as a PP said there are Youtube videos and a screen kit costs about a tenner :)

I agree go to the smaller more local repair shops usually do it cheaper!

Does it need repairing? Cos my OH's screen broke on his last phone and it worked afterwards for a good year. Not ideal but could be worth waiting til you can afford to fix it if it's only cosmetic damage.

Boomerslady mines was about the same age too when I done it. The quoted £100 on phone, £25 at the book in and finally free at the bar. I was willing to pay apple to do it because I would rather I still had the option to see when if my phone messed up for another reason later down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->