smears and positive test

berticles21

mummy to Noah
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had my last period on the 10th may. Went and had a smear test on 3rd June. Nurse performing it commented how swollen my cervix was and that I had bled as soon as she touched it. Had a lot of bright red blood after for about half hour. I'm now a week late, which I completely put down to the smear messing up my cycle but did a test just to put my mind at ease. Anyway it came back positive!! Complete shock! Now I'm really worried about the bleed and what it could mean. Has anyone any advice/experience? Ringing the dr tomorrow to ask for advice

When you're pregnant your cervix gets really engorged and will bleed easily. It's not a big deal and very common. A smear is typically one of the first tests done when you're pregnant, so it will effect nothing. I had one at about 8 weeks.

There are no risks with having the actual procedure, although as a general rule (in the UK) they won't perform the smear if you are pregnant as it can affect the results. I am due my medical next week and they won't do it until 3 months after I have given birth. xx

I think you will be fine. During pregnancy, the cervix becomes swollen and in most cases sensitive.

I had one during both pregnancies- first was at 13 dpo and this time was at 7 weeks. I bled both times too as I have a sensitive cervix. Shouldn't be anything to worry about!

I've had a pap smear done at 6-8 weeks and was told to expect some bleeding afterward. It's a routine test in my area and part of the early pregnancy testing the dr orders up. The only time I haven't had one done in the first trimester is if I've had a previous pap smear done within the last calendar year. I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->