Smell from..below... :( TMI

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Is anybody else experiencing a fishy vaginal odor without an infection? Negative bv and yeast... It's so weird, and the discharge is normal for pregnancy, definitely a lot of it but white and as expected... I got this smell my last pregnancy too, but how common is this? I swear even after i wash it starts up right away..
:sad2: yuck.

I have this at times. I'm pretty sure I don't have any infections either. Mine always seems to have some sort of odor to it. Maybe it just depends on the individual?

That makes sense, luckily my husband is understanding and not totally freaked out lol. It seems to come and go and starts about halfway through my pregnancy. Super embarrassing though and annoying!!

Have you tried eating yogurt/ like the good stuff, not yoplait? or taking acidophilus? Your good bacteria levels could be off from the pregnancy but still not register as BV or yeast infection and that could be why there is a smell.... hth

Thank you, actually I usually do eat good yogurt but havent been since I've been sick, hmmm maybe that's what I've changed before it started

Yea it is. And good thing he is understanding. My husband has the worst sniffer so I'll never know if I smell horrible. I told my mom she will have to let me know! Haha.
You could also try taking a probiotic. Make sure you get one that has a probiotic in it also, like Inulin. I try to take them daily and forget sometimes. Plus they are expensive but I do think it works so it's worth it to me.

Have you switched to maternity clothing? Are they synthetic fabrics? I sometimes have this issue but doc thinks it's more related to sweating caused by materials that don't breath well.

Ugh i call it preg stank with all 4 of mine about half way through its just like wtf! Your not alone!

Yep since i was about 6 weeks! I'm used to it now but it's gross. I've been checked for infections too and all clear

I also feel like I smell stronger and unpleasant, but swabs were clear. Women do tend to notice our own smell much more than others would, and we also tend to smell things more strongly while pregnant too.
As long as tests are ok and no infection, I wouldn't be too paranoid about it lol xxxxx

I take probiotics regularly and have never had this issue. I'm not sure if it's because of the probiotics but I don't recommend using yoghurt as a probiotic...it's mostly a marketing gimmick. We already have enough of the common bacteria in yoghurt but we don't necessarily have the ones the pills have. The most variety of good bacteria in probiotics come in the kind that have to be refrigerated not store shelf kind. Try it, I hope they work for you! They're meant to completely kill heartburn too as it helps food go through quickly. Any chance you have heart burn too?

Yep I have it here! Remember I did in last pregnancy too.

I get super paranoid about it but my dh doesnt notice unless hes in the bathroom when im going to the toilet n he just thinks its funny n makes a joke out of it :dohh:

Had it since last week of this pregnancy so 14weeks. Not sure when started with ds but remember I def had it and was super paranoid about it then too.
I dont think anyone noticed but i wear a lot of perfume durring pregnancy just to be sure :haha::rofl:

Hahaha oh good I'm glad I'm not alone lol. Haha pregnancy stank, it's for real lol.

I am careful to always wear cotton underwear and breathable clothes to avoid any nastiness that comes from synthetics..
I want to take a probiotic but honestly, we've got both of our kids on them and to buy another $25 bottle it gets so expensive, almost $100 a month just on probiotics.. yes we always get the good refrigerated kind too, I know I should be taking them but the money, eek.

I'm sure I'm the only one that notices besides my husband, and that's only cuz I complained about it and now he thinks it's funny to tease me so he..looks for the smell..lol. until i kick him for it! Gross.

Hahaha oh good I'm glad I'm not alone lol. Haha pregnancy stank, it's for real lol.

I am careful to always wear cotton underwear and breathable clothes to avoid any nastiness that comes from synthetics..
I want to take a probiotic but honestly, we've got both of our kids on them and to buy another $25 bottle it gets so expensive, almost $100 a month just on probiotics.. yes we always get the good refrigerated kind too, I know I should be taking them but the money, eek.

I'm sure I'm the only one that notices besides my husband, and that's only cuz I complained about it and now he thinks it's funny to tease me so he..looks for the smell..lol. until i kick him for it! Gross.

Oh if you're getting them for your kids AND you're already getting the good kind that need to be refrigerated then take one of theirs by all means! You also don't need to take them everyday or 3 times a day to work, maybe follow the instructions for 2-3 days and see if that makes a difference. I take them once a week. Once you introduce the culture you don't need to keep feeding them unless your diet is super sugary. If you're diet is high carb, high sugar you'll prob need them more often as you'll likely have candida which can smell and cause yeast infections (but not all the time). Less carb, less sugar, more veggies, more protein will not allow bad bacteria to proliferate and help your digestion and help you not have any foul smell down there!

Very true! I can take my older son's. I do tend to have heartburn as well ever since my gallbladder as removed, so any help with that is a huge plus.

Pregnancy is so glamorous

I've heard that our sense of smell is heightened by 30%!!!

Suffice it to say that I have been checked 2x for BV, and nothing. I was taking a probiotic pill when it was last thought that I might have BV, since it's a more natural solution to see if it rectifies, and it seemed to do the trick. Had it not worked, I may have had to have antibiotics but good that wasn't needed.

I use panty liners and change my undies a lot, because I feel gross/unclean. It's normal. Preggo nose! haha:wacko:

Usually the fishy smell is BV. The thing is, if you go too quickly to get tested for it, it doesn't always come back positive.

TMI: Another thing it could be is semen, the bacteria in it can just change your pH and cause a fishy smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->