smelly carpet.....

babydevil1989

Reaction score
when we moved in here it was disgusting.

they had laminate which we ripped up and put carpet down. about three montbs later we kept smelling this gross smell and worked out it from the carpet! it aasnt too bad and we just regularly hoovered and washed the floor to get rid of it - its now getting worse its only the living room one no-where else.

they had cats and im wondering if one if them peed on the floor and it soaked into the tiles underneath or whether it could be mould/damp under the carpet?

what can i do to get rid of the smell or at least mask it? we cant afford new carpet at the mo so just need some ideas while we save for some new carpet x

Id hire a carpet cleaner or get someone round to clean the carpet for you hun, or maybe you could take the carpet up for a look and see is its damp or smelly underneath? x

weve done the carpet cleaning thing - lots lol.

maybe have to pull a bit up and have a look x

Could very well be cat pee,if it was a male cat the smell is hard to get rid off, you have probably tried this but bicarb may hep to neutralise the smell :flower:

i've heard coffee grounds get smells out of carpet. have you tried shake n vac type mixtures?

Put baking soda around and leave it for a few days to see if it absorbs the smell. If it's cat pee isn't nearly impossible to get rid of without tearing up the carpet and putting odor neutralizer for pets (there are plenty of brands, make sure it's for pet urine) down and letting it soak a bit. You could probably put the same carpet back once you've treated the smell. When I bought my house I had to tear out all the carpets and treat the concrete before I could out down new carpet. It smelled horrible in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->