Smelly washing machine :S

I do a wash with nothing in it but I add my soap powder and I wash at 90

When mine git a musty smell I put it on the hottest wash on its own with white vinegar... It acts as a descaler..... Smell went after I did this... Lot cheaper than buying lots of expensive products... Also keep the door open to let the machine dry after you have done your washing.......

I always leave the door open after a wash to allow the inside to dry out rather than get all musty between washes.
Put on a hot wash every now and then with white vinegar in.
Clean out the drawer when you do your vinegar wash too it gets really mank.
Clean your filter every now and then and give the rubber seal a good clean too.

I've never had any issues with smelly washing machines, hope some of that helps!

im really bored so i might go clean my washer now lol xx

Oh I never even knew people washed their washing machines :haha:

This happened ours when i washed some really mucky jeans :haha: I agree with some PPs, do an empty cycle with washing powder etc worked for me :thumbup:

I give mine a good clean when I get chance because I use cloth nappies.

I normally clean the draw first, put soda crystals in draw and put it on a 90 wash x

I wash the drawer regulary (where you put powder and condioner) I take the drawer out and leave it to soak while I get a toothbrush and clean as much as I can where the water runs through with the powder. I also get some bleach spray and clean around the door and the plastic rim then I run a 90 degree wash.

I also never over fill my machine, I've done this in the past and the clothes haven't washed properly and the powder hasn't rinsed away and is stuck to the clothes.

i run mine on an empty 90degree cycle with white vinegar in ever so occasionally, At the mo mine doesnt smell, but the damned thing cost me £500 so i do like to make sure its cleaned after every wash :blush: im a bit obsessed haha

Lol this is great I didn't no all these fab tips :)

check filter. check drawer doesnt need a good clean out. Run the hottest wash u can with some milton in it a couple of times. Some washing machines also smell like this frequently if u use liquids rather than powders or if u use fabric softener so if u do then switch. Leave the door open when not in use. Mine cannot handle liquids or fabric softener at all.

I had this problem. My washing was coming out smelling of drains "lovely"!!!

I did hot washes with just soap powder, cleaned all the filters and it only went when I got a new machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->