Smiling...

Steph63

Mummy after 4 yrs ttc <3
Reaction score
This is my first thread in Baby Club, so hi everyone! :hi:

Just wanted to ask what age your LO smiled properly for the first time, by this I mean not a wind smile etc! I have friends with LO's a lot younger than Zac and their LO's are smiling, but Zac hasn't yet....Starting to worry me a little TBH, although I might just be being silly! Zac is 7 wks tomorrow btw.

Stephen first smiled when I entered hte room at about 5 weeks :)

Just remember - they all develop at their own paces! :)

Alexa first smiled at about 3 weeks and has just in the last week or so started to laugh

xxx

6-8 weeks is the most common time. But I've heard anywhere up to 12 weeks is considered normal.

My LO was 5 weeks, but I've heard that anywhere up to 10 or so weeks is normal. :)

My LO was around 5/6 weeks to smile but she didn't laugh till about 14 weeks and only does it still for mummy and daddy!

I was wondering this, there have been a couple of times in the past few days when we have had what could have been a smile buy George is pretty much constantly windy when he is awake so it is really hard to tell whether they were real smiles or not!

I don't know exactly as I think it's hard to tell what's an actual smile at first but was about 4 weeksx

About 3 weeks, which was very early, but she's made up for that by being slow to laugh

Isobel was 5 weeks but it wasn't until about 8 weeks that we could rely on regular smiles every day - before that she just did them every now and then and we couldn't coax them out of het but now we can (at 10 weeks). I tend to think if you're not sure if its a smile or wind then its wind... when its a real smile it shows in the eyes. Isobel always turns her head a bit too as though she's trying to be coy lol!

About 5 weeks, she started giggling when she turned 15 weeks but it's only been occasional really til this weekend where she found most things hilarious :haha:

My little one started last week but he doesn't do it everytime he see's me. I notice he chuckles to himself and smiles a bit when he is on playmat.

He has smiled directly at me just a few times. I just keep on trying to encourage it by taking closely to him and making goo goo noises etc.

x

Harrison and Darcey both smiled at about 6 weeks, Dom was about 8 weeks x

5 weeks. LO only smiles for me at the mo and only get a couple a day, usually on the changing mat as I can get my face right down to him, if I pull faces really slowly it makes him smile.

Harrison cracked his first proper smile at 3w4d. He started laughing at 6w2d.

All babies develop at different paces and anything upto 12 weeks or so is considered normal. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->