Smoked during the 2ww????

BabyMcRayRay

Reaction score
I found out I miscarried at 16 weeks (baby stopped growing at 13 weeks 5 days) that was back in July. Bene trying since august. Its been a terrible roller coaster of emotions with dealing with my old due date coming right around the corner. So I would occasionally smoke a cigarette or a few a day since last month. I kinda had a good feeling that this would be my month but also felt that way last month which wasn't the case. I tested early thinking it would be negative and I would be looking for a line that wasn't there. I tested at 8-9 dpo at night and got a pretty nice line definitely not a squinter. Now I'm worried because I smoked that same morning. Obviously I quit after I found out I am pregnant. I'm just super nervous for another miscarriage since the last one was my 4th. I'm 23 and didn't think I'd have a problem with carrying babies to term. My doctor believes my mthfr factor was to blame so I have to take extra supplements to hopefully stop the issues.

Not really a question here just would love some feedback from people that smoked during the 2 ww and go on to have healthy pregnancies.

Also my positive was pretty dark at 8-9 dpo which is weird for me since I normally don't get a faint line until 12 DPO let alone a nice line. Could that be a sign of twins? Or just my body pumped up the hcg fast? Any input would be appreciated.

So sorry for your loss :(

I smoked until I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Didn't find out till 6w3d!!! She's a happy, healthy 3.5 year old :) In fact, she was a week and a half late too!

My cousin smoked until 18w and her mom smoked around her the entire pregnancy. She delivered at 37w and baby was 7ish lbs. It was significantly more painful than her first kid, but overall her son is a week old and seems fine.

My gyn has always said anything that happens before a positive test doesn't count so try not to stress. Smoking tri 2 and 3 is when it is more damaging

Re twins not necessarily. Some women just implant earlier or have higher hcg. My tip off was tripling in 48 hours.

Thanks for the responses ladies you both put me at ease a bit. At least enough to sleep tonight.

It's good that your not smoking now your pregnant, I don't think it'd do any harm as you've stopped now. When you have your midwife appointment mention it to her and she'll do your co2 reading that should put your mind at ease.

As for the high hcg mine was very high my digital test was telling me I was 5 weeks when I was less than 4 weeks, I'm 11 weeks pregnant with twins. Good luck!.

There isn't a huge amount of proof for this and obviously they want people ttc to be as healthy as possible but what I've heard a lot from medical professionals is that before baby implants and the cord starts to transfer oxygen and nutrients/products from mother to baby then toxins can't reach the baby, it is a ball of cells during the tww and not attached to you. So they say what happens in the tww doesn't harm baby.
I think because of your history you will worry more about everything, try to let this one go and don't blame yourself. Well done for quitting, that's amazing x

Darling try not to stress. Believe it or not fetus' are very resilient if there are no problems with the mother or chromosomes etc. There is very little we can do to prevent miscarriages and this is evidenced by the fact the healthiest woman in the world could have one. On the other side of the coin there are other ladies who don't look after themselves or bub but go on to have successful pregnancies.

I smoked roughly 15 cigarette's a day and once I got my bfp's I cut down to 2 a day for the next week and then stopped - I believe withdrawal is worse than cutting down gradually. My DS is completely healthy and I'm 12 weeks pregnant and all is well so far.

Stress is just as bad as smoking so go easy on yourself. Sorry for your losses, I hope this is your rainbow baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->