Smoking? I NEED to stop!!

Imi

Reaction score
I stopped smoking when i was PG with Maddie but since she's been born im smoking more and more each day!

I get a bit worried cause maddie sometimes gets in bed with me an i panic about SIDS ...

Has anyone quit and had sucsess??? PLEASE tell me your secret!!!!

Imi
xx

Hi Babe,

I quit (it will be a year 21st Sept) and I have never looked back. My Mum wanted me to stop and she was terminally ill and it was something I kept promising her, but found so hard.......but then on her birthday we went out around London in a limo (no smoking aloud inside) and I had a brilliant time.....smoked like a chimney when we got home then..............

It was 7.30pm the next evening and I was laying on the sofa watching Corrie and Someone had a ciggy.........I then realised I had not had one all day (as I couldn't be bothered I was so tired) and that was it......I thought if I can go all day without thinking about smoking and not wanting one, I can do that every day, and I have never looked back! So I then announced I had given up for my Mum's 60th!

But, I had read a bit of Allen Carrs book, and I think that helped a bit as what he said made sense and I would think about little things he said and it gave me more reason not to start again as he was right, I would be feeding the nicotine monster and how people who don't smoke, don't get more stressed without a cigarette as they have never smoked........and things like that, I was very lucky I know, I did it at the drop of a hat when I was pregnant the first time too, it is just not going back to it, but I can honestly say, I WILL NEVER smoke again!!!!

Give the book a try, what have you got to lose?..............Good Luck hun!!

i stopped the day i took my test. the hardest part was coming out of hosp after the mc and sitting in house all day on my own. what i did was buy a packet, kept one in the drawer and told oh to take the others into work for my friend.
that way i wasnt not having one becuase there werent any, i was saying to it your not going to beat me. you will sit in that drawer and i dont need you. sounds mega strange but it worked.
i have been to manchester on holiday which i thought would be hard with the smoking in pubs down there, but it was ok. i just looked at the other people smoking and thought, i have more spare money than you, i have healthier lungs than you and i dont look so silly puffing on ciggies.
its all a bit silly when i type it out but it really did work.
it upset my oh so much that i didnt want to hurt him anymore. he couldnt understand why i would want to smoke more than grow old and healthy with our family when we are blessed with one, that was another big focus for me...
pm me anytime for a rant. i still get some cravings but they are going away each day...talking it through helps i find

i'm the same as you hun i didnt smoke at all during my pregnancy or even for a couple of weeks after then i went on a night out and couldnt help myself..i been smiking a few aday since and wanting more and more...eeek i want to stop for good :cry:

i find it easy to fight the nicotine addiction, its just what do i do instead, join a gym? go for a jog? behave!!

I used the patch. Worked great and I haven't smoked since March 31 of this year. Good luck to you. I also found that carrots work well for the munchies :D

Suz

Well done Suz!!!! xx

Smoking has been always bad for health. So everyone should quit smoking, if they do it. It can increasing the risk of cancer, stroke, asthma and various heart disease. It is badly affected on your mental and physical health.

Smoking has been always bad for health. So everyone should quit smoking, if they do it. It can increasing the risk of cancer, stroke, asthma and various heart disease. It is badly affected on your mental and physical health.

How does that help ? We all know that but its not easy:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->