Sniffles

Gabi

Reaction score
I think I'm going to throttle the relative that did this to me :lol:

On Saturday we had both families around for lunch. We're not going to be announcing the pregnancy until after my first appointment so nobody knew. (Ok I may have told one friend but don't let my husband know :shhh: )

Someone had a cold and I got the hello and goodbye kiss from everyone. Later that night already my throat started getting scratchy.

I've had a cold all week :(

I've been checking my temperature constantly and it hasn't gone up at all. I'm slowly getting better. Just a little bit each day. Mostly I'm just drinking fluids and getting as much rest as possible. (When I'm not at work) I've done countless amounts of research and what I've come to is that a cold or flu won't harm the baby. Just make sure you don't have too high a fever and make sure your symptoms don't get worse.

I did give in to my sore throat and I asked my pharmacist for something safe to use during pregnancy. He gave my Oraldine Mouthwash. I used it maybe twice before decided to rough it out. (One miscarriage is enough and I'm known for my paranoia)
I decided to use a humidifier instead.

I suppose I just wanna know that I'm not the only woman out there that's gone through this. All the women I know that have been pregnant do everything they possibly can to prevent cold and flu. I've had women telling me how fatal it can be so they avoid it at all costs. But what's there for me in my situation. There's been nothing I could do. I tried my hardest to prevent it. I've taken my multivitamins, I've eaten healthy making sure I've been getting enough Vitamin C but obviously that hasn't been enough. :cry:

Hello :hi:

Welcome to baby and bump!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and wish you a very healthy & happy one!

I hope you are feeling better very soon! :hugs:x

i had a cold a few weeks ago too, miserable isnt it!!!:hissy: Still, stick it out...mine cleared up pretty quickly - because of the vitamins maybe?? I had a nasal spray i could use to unblock - was justa salt water spray. I only used it a few times but it did help me to sleep.
Get well soon!

Hi,

I had a cold when I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks ago, I didn't get over it properly and then at Christmas I caught another one and last week was in bed with the flu. I haven't been that ill for years - I thought I was never going to get better. I still have a sore throat and cough but I haven't had any pregnancy problems because of it at all. It did worry me to begin with but i think it just takes a bit longer to get over colds etc when your pregnant. I'm really looking forward to getting better properly now it really has got me down.

Hope you get better soon too xxx

https://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/497/497980briu5ldh7m.gif

Thanks everyone. It makes me feel a little better hearing a couple of flu stories.

Mostly it's now cleared up. I agree with princess tho. It does seem to take longer to clear.
Now I've discovered the worst feeling EVER. Trying to clear out my throat.... with morning sickness. LOL

I wasn't suffering with any symptoms before I got sick. Now that I'm getting better the icky feelings are being replaced with pregnancy niggles.

But I'm just glad it's clearing. I think I'll take pregnancy issues over a rotten cold any day.

Ewww i hate colds so much

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Aww, get well soon honey, I hate colds, they are a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4