Snotty blocked nose for 6 weeks!

MNORBURY

Reaction score
Evie had a bad cold over christmas and has been left with this snotty nose ever since! has anybody else experienced this for so long? It's driving me mad and mustn't be nice for poor little Evie being blocked up for so long. Sorry if it's tmi but it's a thick clear snot, we've got one of those snot puller things which helps temporarily and put karvol on her bedding and snuffle babe on her chest, has anybody any other ideas of how I can clear it for good?

Harry was (and still is) a very snotty child. Most of his first year he spent with a cough and snotty nose. I think it's just their immune systems building themselves up... it does get better. I agree that the snot sucking things don't tend to help much, and it used to upset Harry so we stopped bothering. We found the saline sprays (not drops) were some help, although very temporary.

I also used the Karvol drops, as well as Snuffle Babe and a larger pillow to prop him up a bit more. I think that's all you can do really.

On a positive note, because Harry was so snotty and had a cough for most of the time during his first year, whenever he is poorly these days, the snot and cough don't seem to bother him as much at night - I think he learned to sleep through it all.

Thanks, she was fine before that bloody cold! We've propped her mattress slightly too so I guess we're doing everything we can, Evie isn't a fan of the snot puller either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->