So, a little help?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi guys... thanks to those who gave me advice on when to test! I'll definitely be testing soon and then can know for sure what is going on...

Just wondering, symptom spotting, etc...

So, had miscarriage at 8 weeks, started Feb 24, was complete about 1st or 2nd, had unprotected reunion sex (kjnd of similar to make-up sex lol, we had been fighting previously and then mc happened so this was like.. rekindling) Then he mentioned he thought chances for conception were higher after mc, so I suggested we be more careful. We started using pull out method next two nights.

By the 1st or 2nd, many of my pregnancy symptoms had already started to dissipate and my energy levels were rising. Then, on the 3rd and 4th I started feeling ovulation pains. I didn't believe that was possible and was quite confused, but decided to look it up anyway and discovered that it can and does happen sometimes that dropping hcg levels can trigger ovulation a few days after miscarriage is complete.

SO THEN I start feeling pregnancy symptoms that had dissipated towards the end of the mc return.

It has only been about a week since the miscarriage has been complete but I am definitely feeling and experiencing very real, very clear-cut symptoms. I just don't know if these are pregnancy symptoms or my body returning to normal after a miscarriage, so I'll list them below and I would LOVE to hear your thoughts because I'm driving myself crazy.

1. Frequent urination. This was one of my biggest symptoms before when I was pregnant and it seems to have returned full force over the last couple of days. I'm even getting up many times a night to pee like before.

2. Nausea. Not so bad today, was terrible yesterday and I almost spewed all over the car last night when OH and I were driving (lol, I'm describing this so eloquently, I know) Heartburn too, though heartburn only really at night.

3. EXTREME exhaustion, but only towards the end of the afternoon on into the evening. In the morning, I wake up and I don't feel like I could run a marathon but I feel pretty okay on energy. It seems to be about half-way through the work day that I start to crash and then I just want to curl into a ball and sleep for ages and be left alone.

4. Light cramps. These are just totally out of place, or maybe they're normal after a miscarriage, I just don't know. The cramps had all but completely disappeared when the miscarriage was complete but returned after ovulation. The ovulation cramping was different than the type of cramping I'm experiencing now. For me, I feel ovulation cramping as more of a warm crampy/pulsing, usually low down and usually felt especially in one ovary, as though someone's gripping the ovary tightly and squeezing every now and again. That ovulation cramping went away and now I have a cramping that feels like AF is about to start. Who knows, maybe AF is about to start, for all I know, my cycle is probably all crazy now since this miscarriage. I have read, though of many women experiencing the feeling like they were about to get AF throughout early pregnancy so with all the other symptoms it made me wonder.

5. Two dreams that my body was adjusting to the pregnancy. These are hard to describe, but I had them before when I was pregnant. Before, I literally had a dream where I was watching the implantation. The other night, I can't even explain it, but the dream was just like observing changes happening in my body and a "feeling" of being pregnant. For some women they just consider a dream a dream and nothing more but I don't have these types of dreams except when I'm pregnant.

6. Today, I caught a reflection of myself in the mirror and my boobs have enlarged. I know, this entire list sounds pretty unbelievable because if I WERE pregnant these types of things shouldn't be happening so soon, medically speaking. But I'm just talking about what I'm observing, purely, and TRYING not to draw conclusions lol (as many of you know, that's way easier said than done) My breasts hurt again.

7. Aversions to certain foods. I can't drink coffee, my body literally is rejecting it. I take a sip and it's like it immediately wants to come back up. I begged my OH to make me a coffee this afternoon and he finally did and I took a sip and was like, "Plugh! It tastes like chemicals!"

So, I guess I'm opening the floor for YOUR experiences with any of these symptoms, whether they turned out to be pregnancy for you, or whether you've had a miscarriage before and experienced these things and turned out not to be pregnant... whatever your stories or thoughts are, I would love to hear them. I'm really quite amazed at all the things my body is doing right now and kind of trying to take it in stride but it's really something to see my body going through all these changes! I'm actually finding it fascinating... and I can't write anymore, because I have to pee SOOO bad. lol

Also, just a funny little story: I walked into the kitchen and screamed for OH because there was a praying mantis. We realized that it had also been there the night before, but I thought it was one of those big mosquitoes last night and didn't realize what it actually was. I begged him to get it outside because it freaked me out and he was like, "A praying mantis? Really?" and I was like, "Yeah... why?" and he said, "A praying mantis in the house means someone's pregnant. Are you pregnant again?" Apparently it's an old wives tale or urban legend. But the funny thing about it is that I REMEMBER SEEING A PRAYING MANTIS OVER THE DOOR FRAME OF THE FRONT DOOR RIGHT AROUND WHEN I CONCEIVED THE FIRST TIME. *twilight zone music starts playing* lol. I don't really know if I believe in that sort of thing but I DO find it kind of amusing, especially since the only times I've seen a praying mantis have been the once before when I was just first pregnant and now so... lol

Wow, you might be - who knows.
Keep us updated :)

Also, just a funny little story: I walked into the kitchen and screamed for OH because there was a praying mantis. We realized that it had also been there the night before, but I thought it was one of those big mosquitoes last night and didn't realize what it actually was. I begged him to get it outside because it freaked me out and he was like, "A praying mantis? Really?" and I was like, "Yeah... why?" and he said, "A praying mantis in the house means someone's pregnant. Are you pregnant again?" Apparently it's an old wives tale or urban legend. But the funny thing about it is that I REMEMBER SEEING A PRAYING MANTIS OVER THE DOOR FRAME OF THE FRONT DOOR RIGHT AROUND WHEN I CONCEIVED THE FIRST TIME. *twilight zone music starts playing* lol. I don't really know if I believe in that sort of thing but I DO find it kind of amusing, especially since the only times I've seen a praying mantis have been the once before when I was just first pregnant and now so... lol

I know this thread is old, but did you find out you were pregnant after seeing the praying mantis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->