So angry with Mum (food related)

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
I am so angry at my Mum. I am determined to keep Caitlyn on Formula for as long as possible if that means she is 9 months when i start to wean her then so be it.

However, my mother insists on giving Caitlyn little tastes of foods such as chocolate and buttery crumpets and pretty much anything else that she is eating. She tries to give it to Caitlyn while i am there. It annoys me so much, i yell at her sometimes and take Caitlyn off her. Why will she not get the message and stop giving her food!?

She says i'm a wicked mother because she 'likes it'. When i said i am feeding her on formula as long as possible she said she will report me to the welfare for starving her :hissy:. She said 3 months old is when she was told to start feeding me and my brother proper food. For goodness sake Caitlyn is 2 months old. I wont even leave her with my Mum any more out of fear she will go against my wishes. I don't know what else to tell my Mum to convince her that she is too young to be weaned.

Any advice? She is MY baby and i can't help but feel i'm doing everything wrong.

xx

no ur right hun 2 months is to early espically the food she is giving her
if u do wean early it should be baby rice to start with as the others will be to harsh on ur stomach x

stick too your guns hun, my parents and sister do it to rhiannon all the time then cant understand why im screaming blue murder at them, they give her tastes of choc crumpets and even bloody skips for crying out loud, i want her to have the healthiest foundation to food and i only want her to have veggies fruits youghurts meats and pasta (when she is old enough)...
i 100% agree with you too let cailtyn lead you in weaning her, show your mum the books where it states weaning starts around 6 months.. 2mnths is very young
and by no means are you a horrible mummy, and next time she says she is going to ring about you say good heres the number whilst your on the phone to them ill ring nspcc and say your forcefeeding caitlyn food and she is 2 months... that should stop her:hugs:
x

i know that she is too young to be weaned yet, she is barely used to milk, her stomach is far to underdeveloped for real food. She is happy as she is so why should i do anything different?

Thanks for your advice ladies

and apologies to claire having to listen to me rant ALL day

:hugs:
xxx

hey i dontmind hun thats what im here for x ranting is good

I'd be really angry...babies should be on formula/breastmilk for a whole year. Solids that age is extremely too early!!! Go a head let her report you, what will they do? I'd refuse to take your daughter back there until she listens to you...your the Mum not her!

And its not even healthy solids......of course she would like it.All babies love anything that is sweet but that does not mean you should give it to them.Stand your ground.You know what is best for your little angel.Formula is good.Crumpets are junk. Whats next.... coke and donuts?Haha!Good luck!Your a good mommy!

oh dear, difficult situation, makes me shudder though. It reminds me of that program I saw once where this young woman was giving her 2 month old a hamburger. Just holding it up to her mouth to chew on :shock:
Butter and chocolate :( not the best of food either huh?
I started waening at 3 & 1/2 mths, but I knew Oscar was ready. If I had caught anyone giving Oscar food before then and without my permision I would go bonkers :grr:

im not a mummy but have done early years at uni, wtf is she givin her food like that for for a start!! thats not gunna go down well! (sorry no offence to ur mum) but i bet she'd be the first to start blaming if she got tooth decay or obese! thats where it starts!! OMG at the hamburger Newt, although during our case studies we learnt about a woman who gave her 2month old maccy d chips to suck on and blended shepherds pie IN HIS BOTTLE!!!!!! some people!! u kno wats right for yours! so u keep going dont let anyone tell u how to feed ur child, ur a great mummy we can all see that by the way ur angry by this!! best of luck with her, just explain that ur not being harsh but u would love to have her supporting you!xx

Sorry you're feeling this way hun I'm pretty sure I would be the same considering. I'm sure your mum thinks she's doing no harm, but that doesn't help you much. I don't really have any words of wisdom except to say you're doing a great job girl, you know your baby better than anyone so stick to your guns. Love to you all xXx

My MIL is the same. My DH took DS1 to visit her when he was about a week old, and she fed him blackcurrant pop off an unsterilised spoon. I went CRAZY. I only found out, because he burped, and i could smell it.
You are her mum, and you know best, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

You are a fab mum hun and you stick to what you know and believe x

I'd be really angry...babies should be on formula/breastmilk for a whole year. Solids that age is extremely too early!!! Go a head let her report you, what will they do? I'd refuse to take your daughter back there until she listens to you...your the Mum not her!

Sorry bit confused... not just Formula for a Whole year?
Ewan was weaned at 17 weeks, milk wasnt enough he started with very small amounts of baby rice which was increased over weeks.
I agree that chocolate probably not the best thing to try though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->