So annoyed

LeahJ7712

Mommy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
My husband's cousin broke up with his fiance' 12 days before our wedding last year causing him to store his belongings in our second bedroom that I had cleaned and organized for guest during the week of the wedding. Then during our reception he caught the garter and ask me to throw her the bouquet so he could repropose I was in a great mood so I did then he didn't even ask. (Pissed off I can never get that moment back). Fast forward almost a year later his stuff is still in the way in what will soon be our daughter's room (I'm 36 weeks pregnant) I have asked him to come get his stuff and so has my husband and there is always some lame excuse. Then I get I get on facebook and he is at the movie or hanging out with his fiance'(that's right the idiots got back together). My father was supposed to put her crib together today but didn't do because he needs the stuff in the way moved first. I'm so fed up tomorrow I'm putting his shit on the balcony. Enough is enough.

Does anyone think I'm wrong? Not that my actions will change.

Thanks really needed to vent.

No we would of thrown it all away by now he obviously doesn't need it very bad

After that long, the balcony seems rather indulgent. I just hope it doesn't backfire and cost you that space as well. I'd give him 1 week - at best - before moving it from the balcony to the curb. And that's only if you feel like being nice. I'd have put it out by the road a long time ago, let the neighbors take their pick then dropped the rest off at a charity shop. Then I'd have given him a bill for my time and gas. I had an ex-roommate that was like that. The more you try to be kind, the more they take advantage. Good luck.

Over a year? Sod it don't even go for the balcony. He obviously doesn't give a shit....get it out the front door and tell him it's ready to collect now before it gets stolen.

No, hes taking the piss. Clear the room ready for your baby.

Contact him one last time and say collect it today or you're going to dispose of it. Then do if he makes an excuse.

Chuck it outside in the rain and tell him that's where it is.
You have been more than convenient.
Same happened to me I had my brother in laws motorbike in my garage, but I needed to put furniture from spare room into garage to create nursery, at 20 weeks after 2 months of telling him the bike was still there (we were storing it so his wife and mother didnt find out) so I told his wife it was there! She got it moved (and sold) in a week. HA!!!!
X

Tell him his stuff will spend a week on the balcony so you can sort the baby's room and then it's being donated to charity. You've been more than fair

That's terrible! I would also give him a week and tell him it's getting donated to charity after that.

I wouldn't give him a week...I'd tell him you have immediate plans for the room and he can come pick it all up off the curb. If he doesn't get it; tough titties! I just can't stand inconsiderate people. RUDE!

I wouldn't give him a week either. Had more than long enough to come get it. If he hasn't needed it by now, its obviously not important stuff. Ring him tonight, say he's got 24 hours, then chuck it outside. I wouldn't waste my time with taking it to the charity shop. Realistically, baby could arrive at any time, why should you have to wait because he's lazy? x

I'm a bit soft and would feel bad if I disposed of his things. If it was me and he lived close by i would (or get OH too) take it round to were he is living now and leave it on his doorstep. Have had to do the same to someone myself before. Good luck hun hope you get your room back soon. No matter what you decide you have given him plenty time/notice. x

I'd give him a week and tell him if he didn't pick it up it's all going to goodwill. I don't really like just getting rid of perfectly good stuff that others could use. but that's just me. but I would give him warning

I wouldn't do a thing, besides throw his shit to the curb. It's your husband's cousin... make him deal with him and his stuff.

I agree, tell him he has a day to come get it or it's being thrown out. That's ridiculous he hasn't come to get it before now, obviously it isn't that important to him. IMO hubby should be the one saying something. Honestly I'm surprised you waited this long! Baby comes first before his stuff, no question!

Thanks ladies for taking my side husband has been on his case for the past 2 weeks. He FINALLY came and got all his stuff today. So excited to say we will putting the baby's room together tomorrow.

Ah glad you got it resolved without having to feel bad about giving/throwing away his things. Hope you got an apology off him too. Enjoy doing your babys room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->