So, can I eat blue cheese?

brunette&bubs

Mommy to James
Reaction score
Having a major craving for a meat and cheese plate...

Wondering if I can eat blue cheese or not. Had a dr appointment today and totally forgot to ask while there!

Blue cheese is out I'm afraid, same with the meat if it's cold cured.

if it's pasteurized- yes! i eat pasteurized brie all the time. the CDC says any cheese as long as it's pasteurized (including soft cheese like bleu cheese and brie) is fine

The thing is, all cheese -even "raw" and soft cheese- is required (in the US at least) to be aged a certain amount of time to kill listeria. So honestly unless it's being sold by some sketchy guy from the back of his truck, I'll eat it. If you're craving it just eat it!

Of course this is baby 3 and I eat all the "bad" stuff- sushi, liver, and obviously all cheese...

Agree with 3babes and Mrskatie, it's actually quite tough to get hold of unpasteurised cheese and it has to say this clearly on the label.

From Googling it seems blue cheese is fine as long as you're absolutely sure it's pasteurized and it's clearly marked as such:thumbup: Anything that's not marked clearly as pasteurized, I would stay far away from.

I ate blue cheese and many other things that are on a lot of no eating list. Most sushi in the US is pre frozen, cheese pasteurized, and eggs treated so that some of these issues are not true hazards. My RE said if you never ate sushi and over easy eggs don't start when your pregnant but if you have a sushi restaurant you are at for years and never got sick there's no reason to not eat it now.

MrsKatie, I am DYING for sushi! You shouldn't have told me that :haha:

Ella, just go for it! I mean go to a nice place, definitely no random place, but seriously-- just do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->