So confused about if/when I O'ed!

anamchara

TTC #4!
Reaction score
Hello, darlings!

Like it says, I'm so confused about ovulation this cycle. I'm only CD13 today and yesterday I got a positive OPK, the day before was a light line and today was even fainter.

Yesterday my hair was falling out in clumps (always a sign for me), I had cramps, was crazy horny, but no fertile CM. Today I got a temp surge and watery CM (only fertile CM I've had this cycle). Fertility Friend says I'm ovulating today but I've already had my temperature surge.

Another factor is that I always used the same thermometer but the dog ate it (literally) so used a cheapo bbt thermometer which I never use because it always has my temps at 96.?. I missed a few days until I starting taking my temp with an ear thermometer yesterday. :dohh:

What does it all meeeeeaaaannnn? Can you O the same day as a positive OPK? What about no fertile CM? Is FF going to expect another temp shift to confirm O today or should I override and put my O as yesterday?

HALP, SO CONFUSED!!! :shrug:

Thanks, ladies!

I've found opks to be much more reliable and much less of a pain than charting, though everyone is different. Usually when I got a positive opk I ended up ovulating between 12-36 hours later.

I O'd the day after a positive opk. keep taking your temps but use the same thermometer. The ear ones are not reliable at all for bbt but if it's all you got stick with it. It sucks that you had to change mid cycle because it makes the rest of the temps unreliable. So now just stick with the one until the end of the cycle and then get a bbt one for next time (provided you have a new cycle).

by the looks of it FF is wrong and you O'd cd12. It is possible to O the same day but it depends on what time you took the test. If it was closer to fmu or in the morning then you may have ovulated that night. If it was in the evening then I would put O on cd13.

Once you have a sustained shift FF should give you a solid line and sometimes it will change the date too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->