So confused by my body (post MMC)...

Carina

TTC after MMC
Reaction score
Hi girls,

This is my first post on this forum, I hope you don't mind me jumping straight in with a sort of question. I say sort of as I'm not sure anyone can answer exactly what's going on with me, but am wondering if anyone's had similar experience.

I had a missed miscarriage around 6+2 which was detected at a scan at 8+4. I had the ERPC on the 14th of January, and started charting straight away to try to figure out what would happen that cycle. f

I started doing OPKs as soon as I stopped bleeding, and was doing them every couple of days until they faded to negative. On CD18, all of a sudden, it came back to a near positive, and my temps indicated that I ovulated that day, am using fertility friend and temps came up and have stayed above coverline since.

I started getting what felt like preggy symptoms around 7DPO, nausea, hot flashes, etc. Everything that I had the cycle I got my first BFP, and tested with an FR at 9DPO and got a clear (if not full strength) positive.

(Would post image but since I don't have 10 posts it won't let me)

At this point, my IC hpts were pretty faint though. I did a Superdrug test with FMU at 10 DPO and again at 11DPO and they were similar to , though couldn't see whether or not they were getting noticeably stronger. My ICs seemed to stay very very faint positives. I started bleeding quite heavily at 11DPO, notably spot on CD28 which is when I normally get AF, though I normally ovulate earlier, around CD15. I bled throughout 12DPO, but then stopped bleeding again at 13DPO. I did my last FR at 13 DPO, together with an IC and both came out negative, and I drew the conclusion that either it was left over preggy hormones that were finally washed out with AF, or it was new hormones, and I'd just had a chemical. This was on Saturday.

So... got ready for new cycle, but since my last one was a bit odd (luteal phase of 11 days rather than normal 14), and I wanted to stay ontop of things, I started doing OPKs yesterday, at 5DPO, and was rather surprised to find it came out a full positive. Surely this would be too early for ovulation? Also, my CM is pretty dry and I normally get noticeable watery or EWCM around ovulation.

I still seem to be having preggy symptoms, they never seemed to actually go away even when I was bleeding, and when testing with a couple of IC hpts today they came out again as very very faint positives.

So..

I suppose my rather long-winded question is, does anyone have a clue what might be going on with me? My temperature is still above the coverline, though not massively elevated, I still have symptoms despite heavy bleeding, but HPTs went negative and now seem to be only very slight positives again. Could this still be hormones left after MC, and if so, should I be worried that heavy AF hasn't cleared them out?

The other thought that keeps popping up is, is there any actual chance you would have this sort of heavy bleed and actually still be pregnant? I know you can get break through bleeding, but this was at least as heavy as my normal period.

Just so so fed up.. Was hoping since I seemed to ovulate last cycle that my body was getting back to normal relatively quickly, but now I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going, or what to expect next :nope:

Hi.

Sorry i can't really offer any help my body seems quite messed up myself....
i had a mmc on the 26th of jan had no bleeding etc and had d&c on the 3rd had no bleeding afterwards and due too cm etc i am postive i ovulated two days later, then a week after i have had very ligth bleeding my levels have came down as done some HPT

But if ur HPT was negative then postives i unsure have u got a follow up appointment booked ?

x

Sorry, can't quite help but after my MMC my body was a total mess. The first month I got AF after 5 weeks and it lasted 34 days, then for the next 2 months after that AF lasted about 14 days. After that I started temping, just in time to skip ovulation. In addition my luteal phase shortened (I gather this is common after a MC). If you can I'd see about getting a quantitative blood test and potentially a hormone panel just to rule out any retained products which could be causing those symptoms.

I agree with Bky - the dr would be able to shed more light particularly with quantative blood tests.

Hope you get the same old boring cycles back ( or a BFP of course !! ) soon :)

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->