So Confused!

MummyMakes

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm so confused and don't know what to do! My period is now 16 days late. I have been known to be late by 4-5 days, but never this long. I took a Tesco pregnancy test a few days ago which came back negative. Then yesterday I started getting a bit of spotting which I thought was the start of AF, however it hasn't progressed any further today. Still just the odd bit of spotting when I go to the loo. Nothing in between. Very unlike me/my body. I just took another test today (same Tesco brand) and it came back negative again!

Intuition tells me I am pregnant. I had the same feeling with both of my previous pregnancies. I don't know why I bother buying the Tesco tests as they never work for me. They didn't with either of my first babies.
But I've never had spotting before which is worrying me a bit.

We weren't even trying and had no plans to have anymore children which makes it harder as it has completely caught me unaware. Although now I've had time to think about it, I will be really disappointed if i'm not pregnant!

I guess i'll leave it a few more days and buy a clear blue test.

Sorry for such a rambling post. My mum was diagnosed with cancer yesterday, so my head is literally all over the place. I just needed somewhere to say out loud how i'm feeling as I can't tell any of my friends or family (DH wants to keep it a secret).

Do you think 16 days is too long to be late?

Hi hun , first of all im so sorry to hear about your mum , i hope she is ok.
your af being so late , you could have implanted later then you think and might not have enough hcg yet, as its been a while and you have had spotting it sounds good but maybe ask for a blood test to see ? i know how you feel , im not really trying for a baby but im a day late now but also feel if im not pregnant i will be disappointed too...
try a test with pink dye or a digital everyone alway sais blue ones are bad for evaps. good luck and keep me posted . best of luck xx

so sorry about your mum, i hope you and your family are ok :hugs:

i agree with PP, try a pink dye or ask for a blood test
good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back