So engorged!

Jcliff

Reaction score
So my booBs are so engorged right now I don't know what to do. I'm making more milk then michael needs I'm afraid I'm like drowning him. He only latches and eats for like 5 minutes on one side because I think he gets really full quickly. Is this normal?

In the beginning you usually have an oversupply before your body gets the memo about how much your baby requires. Just follow his cues and your supply will regulate in a few days...at least it did for me. I still get engorged sometimes, I hand express into a burp cloth otherwise the stream makes him choke.

It is normal, and annoying, and messy in the beginning. You could always hand express a small amount before a feed, to ease the pressure a bit.

It's been bad today. I've been using the hand pump for about 3 minutes and 2 ounes already come out, so I save it and freeze it. It's liquid gold when I go back to work. I also hand express before I nurse him. I think I'm still producing too much for him because he only drinks for about 5 minutes before getting full and passing

The problem is it becomes a vicious cycle, as the pump is stimulating your supply even more. But I guess that's not awful if you need a stash for going back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->