So fed up in hospital!

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got up after only and hours sleep cause I had to go to an appointment at fetal well being to check babies movements. As usual (when at the hospital) she was great. I felt ok just tired.

I went home, had breakfast and fell asleep on the sofa for about 4 hours. When I woke I felt a little groggy but put that down to lack of sleep the night before. As the day went on I suddenly got a headache. I had some dinner, drank lots of water and relaxed but it didn't shift it, in the end I gave in and took some paracetamol. Soon after I fell asleep again for about 3 hours. When I woke up just after midnight I tried to get off the sofa but I was in pain with my legs, they had ballooned, I had fluid from my feet upto my kness, my hands and wrists were the same, when I managed to get up I looked in the mirror and my face was huge, my eyes were like slits, I could actually feel the swelling. I went to the bathroom and noticed my lower bump was sagging, I pushed it up to find that was full of fluid too. Yuk! I left finger imprints in my belly. Oh and I still had the headache I went to sleep with.
So 1am my other half decided to ring labour ward for advice.they wanted to see my straight away. So we headed it. When we arrived they took a urine sample which showed 2+ of protein, they did my blood pressure, first reading 133/80 second reading 140/89, they also sent off a blood sample which came back fine.
They decided to check my cervix to see if they could induce me. I got some very strange doctor who with out much warning out 3 fingers inside me, I was coming off the bad, the pain was unreal, the midwife just kept telling me to relax and keep my bum on the bum, impossible when some dude is ramming 3 fingers in you. He couldn't reach my cervix though so they decide to admit me to keep an eye on me for the next 24 hours. So all day (Tuesday) I've been on and off monitors to check baby, blood pressure been checked god nos how many times, it did go low 106/56 but it's gradually gone back up, seems to have settled around 120-130/60.
My consultant sent a off a urine sample to check how much protein I have, hopefully the results will be back in the morning. They will check my cervix again too. If it's ready then they will induce me, more so cause of all the swelling I have, it's soooo painful, I'm literally covered in fluid from head to toe :(

Sorry for the long post. I just had to write it down. I'm so fed up in here, it's too bright and noisy. I just want to be at home with my other half wrapped up in my own bed. My emotions are all over the place too since I'm kinda in limbo not knowing what they are going to of and I feel like I can't cope with all this fluid anymore. I'm in a lot of pain and can barely move. :( it's now 2.00 am here and I can't sleep, grrrrr!

Awww, I'm so sorry for all your discomforts and stresses! :hugs: Hang in there mama!

Omg, what a douche! 3 fingers!?! As if it's not uncomfortable enough. I'm sorry you're having such a horrible time.😩 hopefully ur bp comes down and u can go home. GL!

Oh you poor thing, sounds horrid. Let us know how you get on today. Xx

....um. ....A whole head will be coming out soon......! ;)

Seriously though, they sound like they should have been more gentle with you. I must admit when I went in for a check and the dr put his whole hand up it wasn't anywhere near as painful as I feared.

I hope you get results quickly and they can decide n how best to proceed. Limbo is never good

Thank you for your replies.

My BP was down this morning,baby really active on the monitored and no protein in my urine any more. The sample they sent to the lab came back clear too. I had a bit of stringy blood when I wiped this morning so they decided to do another cervix check,if it was favourable I was being induced if not then I was heading home.

Well I'm home now so that means my cervix isn't ready, it's still a little long and closed but it's soft and she could feel babies head. So baby is low. Just a waiting game nice till I see my consultant again next Thursday.

I'm glad you got to go home! I had to be on bedrest in the hospital for a few days before having my son (different reasons) and it sucks, it's just not how you want to spend your final days being pregnant. Also internal checks feel differently for different women, for me it was more painful than pushing. I think because it wasn't a pain that my body was doing on its own so my reaction to it felt really unnatural.

Can someone explain to me what posterior cervix, 2cm long means? Does this mean that baby won't be making an appearance any time soon? If this is the case if there anything I can do to get baby moving down abit further? I know walking helps but I have to keep my legs rested as much as possible due to the swelling.

Anyone?? Answer the above please x

The ripeness of your cervix.

The cervix changes in consistency, and position, towards the end of pregnancy and during labour. For most of the pregnancy the cervix lies towards the back of the vagina, behind the baby's head. This is called a 'posterior cervix' and is often hard to reach by the caregiver if they are performing a vaginal examination. Near the time of labour and / or during prelabour and early labour, the cervix starts to move towards the front of the baby's head. This is known as either a 'central' or 'anterior cervix' (depending on how far forward it has moved), and can usually be easily felt by the caregiver if being examined. The cervix also changes from being very firm and closed during pregnancy, to being soft to touch and slightly open just before labour starts.*

Got that off the internet hun. If you're unable to go for a walk, my suggestion would be bouncing on a birthing ball if you have one, and staying as upright as possible to encourage baby to press on your cervix.
Good luck xx

Can someone explain to me what posterior cervix, 2cm long means? Does this mean that baby won't be making an appearance any time soon? If this is the case if there anything I can do to get baby moving down abit further? I know walking helps but I have to keep my legs rested as much as possible due to the swelling.

It really isn't any indication because you can be making a ton of progress and still go over due or you can be making no progress then go into labor that night. With both of my pregnancies I showed nothing then when my body was ready I went into full blown labor. That being said it sound like you have a little more time to go but thats normal. Term is 40 weeks and your 37. So not much longer, although I know it seems like its an eternity.

Since they are watching you for an induction not much longer at all.*

Thank you very much.

Ok next question (sorry for all the questions first time anxious mummy after feeling very rubbish for the last 2 days) How quickly can things change? Does how high the cervix is really matter? I've been getting period pains since about 5pm, they feel like they are getting stronger, they are around 20 - 30 minute apart at the moment, they seem to come in waves, they start slow and get stronger then ease off slowest but don't fully go. Could these be due to having a cervical check today? Or could this be the start of something?

Thank you

It could be the start of something and it also could be from the exam. If these are real contractions they will get closer together and won't let up when walking.

They didn't let up when walking or when I went to bed, but they wernt consistent. Still there niggleing but nothing I can't handle. Thanks

That's how my labour started (but it was days before I had to be induced and baby came). If you take a bath and they don't go away then you can say that's its early labour and not false labour. Like I said, early labour can last a week but you know that things are going in that direction. Real labour will have contractions that get longer, stronger and closer together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->