So fed up ...

x_Kiirsty_x

Reaction score
with peoples reaction when I tell them I've booked in for a c-section.
So part of me is :happydance: because I'm booked in for the 17th May & I can't wait to meet my little princess, but the other half of me dreads whenever anyone asks me WHY!?

When I was having my son I planned to have a natural birth but ended up going 2 weeks overdue then booked in to be induced which after 2 days failed so I ended up having an emergency c-section. I personally found the whole experience a nightmare and damn right horrible and when my Son was here, I was that strung out from all the drugs they pumped into me I could hardly function.

As much as I would like a natural birth I have opted for a section this time around. Simply because of that reason, but also because I have a toddler to consider in all of this and don't have alot of people around to look after him, but peoples snotty attitude towards this is really getting me down and making me feel like I should cancel the section.

I know theres nothing saying that if I was to decide to have a natural this time round that it would go the same way but I'd rather not ..

Just so :( and feel like :cry: .. and telling these people not to bother coming to the hospital/home to visit baby. :shrug:

I wouldn't worry about what others think! Its your decision and you do whats best for you your baby and family!

My situation is practically the same as your but I have to travel 130 miles if I wish to give birth Naturally and having a husband working full time and a toddler its just not possible.

I don't feel bad about choosing a section so its no one elses business either. I for one wouldn't want another emergency section, and having an elective one is no walk in the park either so i,m sure its a decision you have spent time thinking about! Never mind what others have to say!

unless people have had an emcs themselves they wont understand! Personally want a vbac next time BUT totally understand a woman wanting an elective after a traumaatic emcs the first time. I'd tell those people that its non of their buisness. Perhaps tell anyone you are having it due to medical advise or something.

I had an emcs last time and totally agree that unless you've been through it, you have no idea how awful it is. I opted to have an elective this time, and had to fight for it. My experience was fantastic and I'm so glad I made the decision to have one. Tell people to mind their own business and you do what you think is best for you and your baby, good luck chick xxx

If they let me have a section (which i am hoping for) i am not telling anyone other than, my mum, dad, sister and bil and OH's Mum, her partner, Brother and Sil and they are all under stricked orders that they are not allowed to tell anyone, this is more not for peoples reactions as they know the problems i have had in the past and that the most important thing is that baby is born happy and healthy not the way they are born and i dont want any stress this time around, therefore i dont want ppl txting on the day of the app to ask if baby has been born, i want to keep a bit of surprise for the rest of my family and then deal with the negative (if i get any) comments after baby is born!!

I would just be looking forward to the 17th May now... hope all goes well

xx

Dont feel guilty at all - other peoples reactions are irrelevant. I had an emcs for my daughter and fully plan on an elective section next time when it comes. I already have one scar, why would I want to risk messing up the other end and having scars there too. I would love to have not had the section first time round and everything to have been the natural experience that I wanted, but thats not the way it turned out and thats life! I can happily accept that I won't be having a "natural" birth as long as I know that my baby will be delivered safely and I'll be able to look after the family without the stress and upset we had last time. You do what is best for you and ignore others....and enjoy your new baby - congrats! xx

I have had a lot of whys to. To be honest I now just ignore them. I had a EMCS with my first and I have no intentions of going through the whole mental aspect of labour then surgery if it was needed again. I honestly think that most people can't understand if they have never experienced it. In my opinion my body failed the first time I know it can be different but I honestly don't trust it and don't feel comfortable trying again.

I just tell people that it's because I'm posh :winkwink:
If they push further I say that my doctor thought it was the safest option and I trust my doctor completely.
Most people won't understand my history anyway so I generally don't bother explaining.

Good luck with everything and enjoy the non-emergency aspect to the birth!

I think those who say such a thing truly don't understand the impact a traumatic labour can have on a woman. Good luck :)

I know the feeling. Mine was entirely elective and I used to tell people he was breach just so I didn't have to deal with them.

If anyone is against elective c sections, they don't have to have one. That's what makes them elective ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->