so frustrated any help would be great

joannegoodwin

Reaction score
I Had a Missed miscarrge 24th March 2010 ,The baby died at 9 weeks there was no heart beat but i carried the precious until my 12 week scan when i found out.I had a d&c the following day 25/03/2010 bled on and off for a week. i took an ovulation test and i ovulated on the 10th april. my periods have always been regular every 28 days. i have had major PMS since last thursday but no period yet. my husband wont try until i have af back. so upset and frustated. when will AF come, I want a baby more than anything, would the morning after pill help bring my period on. im so despret. It doesnt help that two ladies i work with are pregnant now so im sitting watching their tummys grow and mine has died and nothings happening. any help would be most grateful.
Jo

:hugs: sorry for your loss hun.
I'm afraid it varies how long it takes for periods to go back normal... I hope you get yours soon though so you can try again

Hi Jo. Welcome to this forum, I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: - you are in very good company as we all share this difficult journey together. Did you track your HCG levels after your ERPC? Its possible that there was HCG in your body still on 10th April that gave you a positive OPK rather than LH/ovulation. If its not that then try not to worry yourself as your hormones will still be all over the place at this stage and your AF will come back. I had an ERPC at 12 weeks and my AF arrived 7 weeks later. Each woman is different though and I hope you get yours soon and can get back to TTC and a new sticky BFP.

As for the ladies at work, its crushing to have that reminder day after day - if you ever need to vent, we're here for you hun.

xxx

Hi Jo

Im sorry for your loss, ttc again is the only thing i wanted too

on a practical note, my ERPC was on 24th March, and i got af 6 days ago, i have a feeling that i managed a normal period because after my ERPC, i started taking 75mg of aspirin as theres a possibility it might build up your uterine lining, it defo helps improve blood flow to the area (and also unless you have thin blood or stomach ulcers amongst other things, the experts seem to agree that it cant harm) - im wondering if your period pains but no af signal a thin lining.

have you had your follow up appoint? you could ask them to scan you and check the lining thickness. otherwise, it could be any number of things, it might even be ovulation cramps (although ive been told on here that ov cramps arent like period cramps, but i dont get them so am not sure). Everyone is different though, but i think i might agree with your oh that it might be better to wait until you have af as then you know your hormones are in the right place, frustrating as it is, but you know your body best.

Hope things get back on track for you very soon

*hugs* Im sorry for your loss.

I had my D&C on 3/25 as well. My first AF came back two days ago. A friend of mine had a D&C on the same day as well, her AF started the same time mine did.

My baby died at about 8.5 weeks, and I was supposed to be 11.5 weeks. I have had to kind of keep my distance from other friends and stuff for now because it just brings back the pain of what happend, so i think that is totally normal.

This might sound weird but have you tested? If you ovulated on the 10th and it's now the 27th then you are 3 days late.

I fell pregnant with Isabella 18 days after my first miscarriage so it's possible unless by your OH refusing to try again you mean that he hasn't even had sex with you in which case I would go and ask your gp

thank you all for your posts it really helps. Ive never done this thing before and it actully really helps. I am really truly sorry for your loss's it is the hardest thing any woman can go through. i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Thank you so much again i dont feel alone now.

I will try the asprin ( would cut off my leg if it helped lol )

Will keep you posted, i think i just need to relax

You arent alone Jo, and you don't have to suffer this alone...theres too many of us who understand how you feel

I'm so sorry for your loss Jo and for all this worry. You aren't alone at all - everyone here has been through something similar and understands how you feel :hugs: It helps that people are at different stages in it all, because then we can share experiences and help each know what to expect, although one of the main things that this has taught me is that everyone's body is different.

It really varies how soon you get your AF after an mc and because your hormones are still so messed up I don't think the OPKs can be relied on at all before the first af. I think the pmt is a good sign though and it'll be just around the corner. Before my first PG I used to get pmt a week or so before my af. A PG can reset your cycle and your normal hormone levels, so that afterwards it's not how it used to be - maybe that has happened with you and you're getting the advance warning of af like I used to?

It's certainly nothing to worry about because you are still WELL within the 'normal' time frame. I know it's frustrating though. I really hope it comes soon for you xx

Hi Joanne

I am so sorry for your loss; I went through similar in September last year. I never had totally regular cycles and mine were always on the longer side so cannot identify with that but many women do have messed up cycles immediately after a miscarriage or longer term but don't worry as that is much less commonplace and even if it does happen it doesn't affect your fertility usually; just makes it considerably harder to track. As the other ladies have said you're well within the normal timeframe atm. With me the miscarriage actually reset my cycles for the better; and I had a cycle length of 36 days for several months on the trot (which I didn't have since I had my boys); so it can work both ways.

Soph x

Hi Joanne,

Sorry for you loss. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I had a d&c on the 24th of March and I'm still waiting for my period too. Have you taken a pregnancy test? I just got my first BFN last week. Maybe your hormones are taking a long time to come down.

Thank you all so much.
You have really helped, that when i got home last night i had a pamper night (with a box of chocolates of course) did my nails and had a bath and just relaxed like you said.
And ive just come back from the loo SHE HAS ARRIVED AF.
I cant explain the feeling.
Thank you so much you have really helped me.
Love and baby dust to you all

Nice one Jo!!! thats brilliant, you must be so relieved, and you are pretty much on time too

Id hug the witch if she wasnt such a cow normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->