So frustrated...what's going on!?

baby_nurse

Mummy to 1 little boy
Reaction score
Urgh I'm so frustrated and confused at the moment :( I'm 9 days overdue and had my second sweep yesterday and MW said I was 1cm dilated, cervix thin and soft and forward, baby at minus 2 station (scored 8 on bishop score).

I had the sweep at 12 and had cramps straight away. By 6pm they were 12 mins apart and I'd lost my mucous plug. Got mega excited however as soon as I went to bed they eased off loads. Woke up this morning still feeling a little crampy and tender but not regular feelings. Absolutely gutted!

Had a bath and a nap and strong period pains woke me up again. Initially they were once an hour but ramped up again. I started tracking them and they are just all over the place, ranging from every 10 minutes to hours! They intensity of these pains has definitely increased, as has the length. I can't talk during it and have to concentrate on breathing. It is like an intense period pain but wraps round my back and down my thighs. However because they are so irregular and don't seem to be increasing in frequency I'm dubious it's not labour!

Also they tend to be worse when I move around lots (walking, being in car) and when I am still for a while then move I get one. If I sit on my ball I don't get one for ages.

It's so frustrating I just want to go into labour :( I feel in this weird false labour limbo where I'm in pain and its all for nothing! I'm being induced Sunday so know the end is in sight just so fed up!

Any stories/advice greatly appreciated!

Sounds like labor to me... If you lost your mucus plug that's a good sign you've dilated more. Try walking a ton. Even though it might hurt.. If you walk and walk through contractions it'll go faster.

Problem is its now 10pm so bit inpractical to walk now lol. Think I'm just going to go to bed and try and rest and see what tomorrow brings!

I could of wrote your post myself, i had a sweep on tuesday afternoon for the rest of the day i just had a dull period pain ache.

1am this morning started getting contractions 7mins apart, tried to sleep but couldnt.Between 4am and 11am the contractions were quite strong and painfull 5mins apart lasting for 1min, then nothing:nope: just had the dull ache again all day.They seem to be starting up again but with no pattern!!

I should be an expert at this as it is my forth baby and third homebirth, but i just dont want to waste the midwifes time.

But i should mention this time last year my daughter was born and i went from 1cm to 10cm in 40 mins, so i dont know what is going this time x good luck and try and get some sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->