So Glad in a way*video added*- what do u think?

AP

Reaction score
I've been worrying a lot lately, both me and OH have.

Alex seems to have a left leg preferance. When shes kicking around, the left leg goes wild but her right leg goes occasionally.

We were warned that her brain haemorrage at birth could affect her right side of her body.

We got a call from neonatal asking if we could change appointments as they wanted the physio to have a look at her its been a while (they dont know bout her leg preference, its just a co-incidence they called)

So it's in two weeks, I really hope its nothing :( Im glad the appointment has been brought forward, I am tired of worrying

Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing at all :hugs:

xx

I hope so, I think we might be focussing on it too much. I've asked other girls and although they shouldnt have a preferance, they say their babies do the same. :hugs:

Hopefully its nothing to worry about! It may be just that you know there could be a problem with the right side so you focus too much on it.

I hope everything goes well. I would not worry, our babies do odd things sometimes. Alex is looking reall well in your Avatar...looks like she loves her jumperoo. Emily loves hers, I can't stop laughing at her when she is in it. It is so funny, I want an adult version.

x

Me too! :rofl: I swear shes different baby in it, she becomes possessed!

Hey Sandi,

Archie was the same for ages! Try not to worry hun xxxx

big massive hugs Dona thank you!!!!!!!!

This is a video of her with her crazy legs ('scuse the mess I had a belting hangover) hope you see what i mean!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDcWAq7q5o

awwww sooooooooooooo cute tbh i dont know much but i really wouldnt be worried about that shes still moving the other leg and what would she look like if she was kicking both legs as hard as that?! that would alot of work lol!! I think maybe your just worrying more cause you were told there might be an issue with that side otherwise do you think you woulda noticed? i dont know like i said i could be wrong but i wouldnt be worrying yet xx

I think its probably her favouring her left side because she moves her right just not as much! x

Nah Archie did the same for yonks - honest! He actually dragged one leg! Can't wait meet your lovely lady xx Oh and you can meet the bruiser!

Beautiful as ever, and fingers crossed you will be sent away and told to stop worrying.

I'm not an expert, but my DS2 has a right sided Hemiplegia (Cerebral palsy affecting his right side) which is probably what you are looking out for. I've been watching him for almost 5 years, studying his movements to pounce on problems as they crop up.

Going by that video, I see no signs of hemi. She does prefer her left leg, but see how she stretches them both out about 1.10secs in? Then she tires to roll to both sides and she also moves the right foot, points the toes. She also brings the leg close to her body and wiggles the foot from side to side.

DS2 never kicked his legs, his right leg was always kept slightly bent and you could feel it was tight. He also NEVER looked to the right, and Alex is staring right at me. Her arm is going great stuff too and so is her hand. DS2 also had a squint. In every photo his right eye is drooped.

So, as far as I can see, she is perfectly fine and well, if there is any weakness there is is too slight for me to notice.

Hope that puts your mind at rest a bit.

I love u angelstardust lol! :hugs:

Wish I spoke to you all about this before rather than worry about it the last few weeks. It's always been a case of - "Right I'm phoning the physio on Monday" and then "oh look, shes fine?"

Argh!

The appointment is next week. Fingers crossed.

Now I mention that I didn't notice anything wrong with him. Hew was just taking his time developing. The consultant saw him at 8 months and told us then that he had 'some degree of brain damage'. He never had any brain scans so we were never told to look out for anything. Although he should have been scanned, and they admitted that, but at the time it was just a miracle that he survived at all (grade 3 abruption at 33 weeks, placenta fully detached by the time they got him out it's documented that it was 11 seconds from opening me up, noting the cord was not pulsating and resus commencing).

TBH, I think I knew deep down something wasn't right, but as you will know, that feeling of just being so bloody grateful that they are here at all kinda overwrites almost everything. Plus, I was in a state emotionally after what happened that I just didn't want to think about it.

But it's not all doom and gloom, we were told he may not ever walk and he did, at 22 months, 3 weeks and 4 days old he took his first steps :D That moment made up for EVERYTHING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->